Chapter Fifty-Four

"Joeyyyyyy"

"What baby?"

"We must have looked at a thousand different venues and none of them are what I wanted."

"Maybe we should think about doing it outside of Boston then."

"Outside of Boston, Joey this is home for both of us, all our family is here. You know your parents don't like to travel and my dad can't get too much time off, they have another set of new recruits coming in to start basic training."

"Listen I have one place in mind that we haven't looked at. But honestly Ry if you don't like it we might not have a choice but to look elsewhere."

"Where because I swear, we looked everywhere from here to Rhode Island?"

"The Newbury...."

She just looked up at me and smiled. She jumped up from the chair and kissed my cheek.

"Joey you're a genius.... I'm going to call and set up a viewing."

She bounced into the office and closed the door. I couldn't help but smile and shake my head. She has been in overdrive with wedding prep for weeks. I like to say it's been a mutual thing but with tour prep in full swing and rehearsals I'm lucky I get the chance to piss. We start a 20-city tour in three weeks. Lucky for us this time it's a US tour only. I begged Ryder for her and Stryker to come with me, but she shot it down telling me she was so close to getting done with school that she doesn't want to mess it up, I can respect that. Do I like it no, but I respect it. On the down time she is going to catch whatever tour date I'm at. Once I get home, we have a month before I make her mine forever.

I glanced at the clock on the wall 3:30, I just sighed I have to head out and go get this costume fitting done. I haven't had one day home with Ryder in weeks. It's starting to get to her and honestly, I can't blame her. Usually by the time I am getting in she is asleep and when she wakes up, I'm asleep. We haven't even had sex in two weeks and that is long for us considering we normally do two or three times a day. I walked over and tapped on the office door.

"Yeah babe, its unlocked....."

"Baby Girl, I gotta head out to this fitting."

"Seriously Joey? When are you ever going to get a day off? The baby hasn't even got more than half an hour with you in like two months. I haven't got a night with you in just as long."

"I know baby girl and I'm sorry. We have to get things done for tour."

"So, it's going to be another night that I go to bed alone huh....."

"It's just a fitting so I hope I shouldn't be more than a couple hours."

"Damn it Joey, I miss you. "

"I miss you so much baby, I'll tell you what I will be home by 10 tonight at the latest and it's you and me. I'm going to tell Jared that I have to take off tomorrow and we will have a family day with the baby."

"Really.....?"

"I promise."

He walked around the desk and pressed his lips against mine. Just like that he walked out the office door. I spent the next two hours pounding out wedding plans, everything from the table settings to the DJ. So far, I've done it all. Stryker woke up from his nap at five and I ran up the stairs. When I pushed the door open there, he stood standing up in his crib and babbling dada. He looks so much like Joey and the McIntyre bunch I wonder if he actually got anything from me. I reached in and lifted him up kissing his cheek,

"Good morning Strk, did you have a good nap?"

After a quick diaper change, I carried him down and set him on the floor in the family room and turned-on Coco Melon on the TV. I headed into the kitchen and grabbed him some food. I'm not even in the mood to cook for Joey or me so Uber Eats it is. I finished quickly and grabbed him pulling the highchair to the table. I sat quietly feeding him, deep in my thoughts when the front door opened, and Holly staggers in pulling out a chair falling into it next me.