Chapter Seventeen

There was a knock on the door that pulled me from my sleep, I just stood in bed for a minute longer figuring that Holly would just get it but by the second knock it's obvious that she wasn't there. I crawled from the rumpled comforter and willed myself long enough to just answer the door. When I opened it I wasn't expecting flowers.

"Hi Ryder?"

"Yeah"

"These are for you."

Thanks."

I took them from his hand and closed the door, all I could think was who could possibly be sending me flowers. I set them on the table next to the bed and pulled the card. I couldn't help but smile as I read the card. I couldn't stay mad at him. I put the card down and grabbed my phone.

Ryder: I got the flowers; they are beautiful thank you!

Joey: I'm glad you like them. So would you do me the honor of going to dinner so I can make up for being an asshole.

Ryder: You know it's not necessary. It's not like were dating.  

Joey: Yeah....anyways come on

Ryder: Ok... How should I dress?

Joey: Dress up

Ryder: Ok but where we going?

Joey: You'll see, listen I got to go for a bit we have an interview Jordan is here waiting on me. He says hey by the way.

Ryder: Ok, tell him Hey, I'll see you tonight.

Joey: Bye Ry Ry 

I have no idea why these flowers are making me smile ear to ear. My mind flashed back to the other night when he leaned over, and that small kiss gave me goosebumps and my heart race. The entire day I spent getting some much-needed girl time that I haven't had since the night of the show. I got my nails and hair done and bought a new outfit. I tried to tell myself that this was just some much needed relaxing. Honestly deep down I wanted to look good for Joe. It was seven when there was a tap on the door. Its him. I checked my hair and makeup quick before opening the door. I opened the door and my mouth fell open; I didn't even try to hide that I was biting my lip at the sight of him. His hair slicked back just made his eyes stand out more. He had on some black pants and a navy button up.

"Hey"

"Hey...."

"You look really pretty Ry Ry."

"You look handsome Joey."

"So, before we go, I was wondering if after dinner you want to just come stay at my house since you have the ultrasound tomorrow, so we don't have to drive all the way back here."

I didn't even have to think about it.

"Yes, I need to just pack a bag quick come in. " 

He walked in and just kind of aimlessly walked around looking at pictures on the wall, then he noticed the pictures of him and the guys on the wall over the TV. He made his smirk known.

"What you smirking at?"

"Remember that night when I asked you if you had pictures of me on your wall....."

"Don't flatter yourself those my dear Joey Joe are Holly's pictures not mine."

"Ouch that stings Ry Ry"

he said with a chuckle just as I put the last of my stuff in my bag.

"Ready..."

"Here let me get your bag. Do you need to let your roommate know you're not coming home?"