Chapter Thirteen

I ran from my car into the door, just those few feet soaked me and chilled me to the bone. I trudged up the six flights of stairs, since the elevator has been broken for the last month. All I wanted to do was take a shower and finish this homework and try to get Joey out of my head. Now I know what he has been up too it's time to remember the objective. I've let this one night with Joey cloud my judgement for the last couple months now. Holly wasn't there much as I figured, I just sighed and stripped off my soaking wet clothes. I slid into the shower, the hot water soothing my pregnancy aches. Thoughts of today and Joey played on my mind.  I closed the water and slipped out; the water began to get cold. I wrapped the towel around myself and cleared the steam from the mirror. I just stood there looking at myself. I have the slightest baby bump growing. This should be a happy moment, instead of being so confusing. I'm pregnant, Joey doesn't even know. I have an ultrasound next week to find out the sex of the baby. Part of me just wishes Id would have my best friend with me as I go through this but after earlier, I know he really is like what I see on the TV, the old Joey was gone. 

I brushed my wet hair and pulled on a tee shirt and pajama pants. I'm just going to get on this computer and get to work on this politics homework. I stepped out the bathroom and Holly was back.

"When did you get back?"

"Literally like a minute ago, what about you? How was the weekend back home?"

"Been back long enough to shower."

"So, anything good happen?"

"No just hung out at home."

"Why you look so sad?"

"I'm not just tired and need to get to work on this politics homework for Tuesday."

"Yeah, I'm about to work on my psych paper too."

Holly grabbed her bag and felt to her bed, and I logged into my class portal and both of us got to work. We were both at it when there was a knock on the door. I glanced at the clock on the computer screen, it was 9oclock. 

"Holly grab that, who is here at 9? I'm on a role I can't stop."

I didn't think much of it when Holly got up and answered the door. 

"HOLY SHIT!"

I didn't even bother looking up from the computer screen I figured it was Brayden or something.

"Hi is this Ryder's room?"

"Do you guys know who you are!?"

"Umm yeah, is Ryder here."

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! Ryder....."

"What!!"

"Come here!"

"I'm busy with this assignment what?"

"Just come here its important."

I slid from the chair and started to walk over,

"Jesus Holly you're a pain in the ass!"

I turned the corner and my jaw dropped. He is standing in my doorway with Donnie.

"Joey what are doing here?"

"Hi Ryder"

"Hi Donnie, Like I said why are you here Joey?"

"You, what do you think I'm here for."

"For what there is nothing to talk about."

"Yeah, there is."