Chapter Twenty-Five

Its been three days. 72 hours,4,320 minutes, 259,200 damn seconds since he walked out of the front door. I haven't heard from or seen him in three days. Ive called him a hundred times and he didn't answer. Here I sit in the living room just me and Rocky wishing he just walk through that front door. Suddenly I heard a tap on the door, I wasn't expecting anyone. I stood up and when I turned the corner I didn't expect to see Jordan standing on the other side of the door. I unlocked it and opened it. 

"Ryder we need to talk...."

is all he said. I moved to the side and he  walked into the living room sitting on the sofa.

"What are you doing here Jordan?"

"Why do you think I'm here Ryder, Im here because of Joe."

"Jordan, what do you want me to say, he walked out."

"How about you tell me your side of this, he already told me his."

"For what, whats the point your just going to go report back to him."

"He doesn't even know I'm here, but whatever is going on he fucked up an interview early and that plays with my money."

"What you want me to say, he said he loves me, I choked and told him I couldn't say it and then he left."

"Ryder, this entire thing is bullshit, you know this. Answer me this and don't bullshit me, I can tell if you are. Do you love him or are you here because of this baby only."

"I love him, I just didn't think it hit me till he walked out the door."

"Then tell him that."

"He won't answer my call, I miss him Jordan....."

"Well, I'm on the way to the studio, he is already there, get dressed and come with me."

I jumped up and ran upstairs dressing quickly and in a few minutes I was in Jordans car and on the way to the studio. A hundred and one thoughts flooded my head on the drive there. 

"Okay once we get up there, let me go in first come in a few seconds later so I can make sure he isn't in the booth recording."

I just nodded and he walked in. I heard the door close behind him. Here we go in a few seconds I will be face to face with him and I really don't even know what to say or how to feel. I took a deep breath and trying to steady my nerves. This was it. I pushed off the wall I was leaned up against. "You can do this Ryder" I told myself. I reached out grabbing the handle pushing the door open. I stepped into the room farther, there he stood five feet away talking to Jordan. It was only a second before he looked up and all he said was,

"Ryder, what are you doing here?"

I don't know but instinct took over and I ran over and threw my arms around his neck.

"Joey I love you, Im sorry I really am!!"

"Did you just say what I think you said?"

"Yes Joey, I love you I think I always have and it scared me."

"Baby Girl its nothing to be scared of."

"As touching as this is Joe man can you do this in the hall we do have to still record."

I grabbed her hand leading her out the door. After all these years we both finally admitted it. I think I always known I was in love with her, I just didn't want to admit to myself I fell in love with my best friend. It took everything in me to tell her I loved her. I never been that scared in my life, even being on stage in front of 50,000 people didn't terrify me like that did. When she said she couldn't say it back, it crushed deep, deep down.