Chapter Forty

Its been 168 hours, 11,340 minutes, 680,400 seconds since my world changed. I'm still in the crummy motel off the highway in Rhode Isle. I miss Joe in ways I didn't even know was possible. The first five days he showed up everyday and just sat and knocked at the door begging me to open up but I just couldn't. I just shut myself off to the outside world I know it. I only left to get food and whatever the baby needed. Over the last two days Stryker started saying "DaDa" and it gutted me because he was supposed to have his daddy here. Not stuck in a motel room with a mother who is literally dead inside. Once Stryker goes to bed for the night all I do is cry. 

It was Saturday morning when the was a ever so soft tap on the door, I knew it wasn't Joey by the knock, but I don't even know who it could possibly be. I slid from the chair and pulled the door open never expecting to see who I saw.

"Ryder Lynn...."

"mama Kay, Pops how are you here, what are you doing here?"

"Child how do you think we are here, Joesph and what do you think we are doing here?"

"Ryder sweetheart can Kay and myself come in and talk."

I wasn't going to say no, so I just nodded and stepped to the side as the walked in. Kay didn't say anything for a moment just walked over and picked up the baby from the pack and play holding him close kissing his cheek over and over again. 

"What you guys doing here?"

"Joesph told us where you were. He has been staying home with us, since he can't seem to function anymore."

"He will be fine, I have to learn how to do it."

"Ryder Lynn, I don't know how you can think he do what you think he did."

"Listen Mama Kay, I didn't want to even think he was capable of it, till I walked in and seen it. I love him, Im not even going to sit here and try to convince you I don't. But I also can't sit here and act like I didn't walk in to him drunk with a girl in his lap. I died in that very moment and every moment since."

"Ryder sweetheart listen to me, thats my son but I also wouldn't cover for him if he did cheat, I never cheated on Kay in all these years and I taught both boys the same thing. I promise you he didn't cheat on you, I. know what you walked into looked bad but it wasn't as bad as you think. Listen Tommy was there with him, I can call him right now and he will tell you nothing happened."

"Listen, he is home at our house just a mess. Ryder he hasn't eaten, sleep and he has missed two interviews and photoshoot. If something doesn't change he is going to end up in the hospital."

I gasped and my heart bottomed out. I can't even stand the thought of him in that condition. At the same point all those demons I have fought my entire life because of my mother won't let me give in.

"Im sorry he is this way, but there is nothing I can do."

"Ryder Lynn that is a cop out, I know you don't want this. How could you even think he do that after all these years and everything you been through together. This isn't just one of these random little boys you brought around through the years that never amounted to a hill of beans. This is Joey, you two have had this intense bond since you were five years old. You can't tell me deep down in your heart you believe he do this. I'm not going to bat because he is my son Ryder, if he did it and was wrong I wouldn't even try to talk some sense into you, Id say that is what he gets, but instead of at the very least having an actual discussion with him, you ran and refuse to deal with it. You have to deal with it Ryder, you two have a baby together and at the end of the day he doesn't deserve to be alienated from the baby and its not fair to keep this baby away from him."