Chapter Thirty-Five

"Some controversy has been circulating about myself at Royale nightclub a few nights ago. You all have been gathered here so I can set the records straight. With the advice from my publicist and management team, we feel it is necessary and time to set the records straight. I was at Royale Nightclub on Friday night, and yes I was there in the Vip lounge..."

"Joe..Joe is there any truth that club goers seen you and an undisclosed young lady having sex up there?"

"Joe will not be answering questions at this time."

"Like I was saying yes I was there and yes I was there with a girl. The girl I was with is my fiancee. Its time the public knows, I am very much engaged and happy. I have been with her for just shy of a year. I would also like to announce that we recently had a son who is two months old now. With that being said I will answer some questions."

My publicist just looked and me shaking his head but I'm going to do this anyways. It is better it comes from me than rumors that Im sure are going to start going around.

"Joe, people want to know who you are with.."

"We have been best of friends all our lives and feelings developed. I'm not going to go into details for her privacy and the safety of her and our son."

"Whats the truth of your night at Royale?'

"I will not be answering any questions on the club controversy."

"Can you tell us her name, what about your son?"

"This is the last question I will be answering any further questions please contact our management. I again will not being giving out her information for her privacy and safety."

I didn't leave any time for any more questions. I stepped off the stage and right back to Ryder. The minute I walked over I seen the tears welling in her eyes.

"Joey....!"

I didn't expect her to leap into my arms holding on to me tightly. I honestly didn't want to even let her go. I finished up what I had to do with management and publicist and got her and got the hell out of there. I just wanted to go to Jon's get Stryker and go home and just have a quiet night in with my babies. Now that it's out I finally don't have to hide this part of my life. At that same point I worry about Ryder. She is such a private person, she has no interest in all the Hollywood celebrity of it. She told me last night the only thing she wants to do is finish her Marketing degree and just go one with her life she doesn't want to be out there and everyone trying to get a piece of her. 

"So its done baby, lets go get our baby and go home."

"I couldn't think of anything better."

She leans over and kisses my cheek so softly before I take her hand in mine. She settled back for the hour drive to pick up the baby.  We pulled up to find Jon and his mother in the living room. Marlene feeding the baby, Stryker smiling at her. We just stopped and watched for a second, no one even knew we were there. Stryker seemed so happy with Marlene and Marlene was so unbelievably good with him. I don't know why I would even think otherwise by how many kids she has raised over the years. She nudged my arm and whispered,

"babe look how happy the baby is"

Her face lite up.

"Mama Marlene has always been a rockstar with kids."

"Hey, your back"

Jon smiled from the couch

"Yeah its done"