Chapter Twenty

His eyes twinkled as we pulled up into his parent's driveway, this was it. I feel him squeeze my hand and look over,

"This is it Ry, you ready?"

"Truthfully no...."

"Ryder you know my parents; they are going to be excited you'll see."

"Joey were having a baby and neither of us are ready for one or have our shit straight enough to be parents. Look at me Joey, I don't know anything about babies I never even held one, and you, you are on the road 300 of the 365 days a year."

"Ryder, we learn we figure it out."

"Your mom is going to murder us."

" You are kidding right; my mom would steal babies if she could. She will flip more that I'm not a virgin and I had sex before I got married."

"I don't know anyone who has waited for marriage."

"I know but she is old school, now come on let's go in."

I closed my eyes and said a prayer and slid from the car. Joey walked around next to me as we headed up the walkway. I feel his hand grab mine and I pulled my hand back. 

"Ryder......"

"I'm sorry Joey.... It just doesn't feel right in front of your parents right now."

He didn't a word just opened the door and we walked in.

My nerves were out of control, I've spent so much time in this house over the years it should feel like a second home, and it used too but now it feels completely different. Were about to tell his parents about the baby and I actually fear their reaction. It's not so much about Joe's dad, it's his mother. I love her but at the same point she is so old school that there is no way she is going to be okay with this. felt his hand on my lower back as he led me into the living room. I just looked up at his parents, his father in his recliner watching sports on the TV and Kay over in the corner dry mopping. I swallowed the lump in my throat and said a silent prayer this was it. 

"Ma, Pop...."

Both looked up and smiled.

"Ryder dear, it's so nice to see you it's been a long time."

"Nice to see you Mr. McIntyre."

"Mr. McIntyre, Ryder I've known you most of your life, since when is it Mr. McIntyre?"

" I'm sorry"

"There is no reason for apologies."

I watched Kay put down the dry mop and walk over with a smile on her face sitting on the other recliner next to Tom. I feel Joe grab my hand and pull me down on the sofa next to him.

"So, what's going on kids?"

"Ma, pop we wanted to come over and talk to you about something."

"Okay what do you two need to talk about."

I watched him glance over at me and nod. Here we go.

"Listen I don't exactly know how to say this"?

"Joesph what is going on?"

"Ok so the night of our final tour date when we played TD you guys obviously know Ryder came out for the show."

"Joesph is this about what we talked about the next day?"

"Yes....."

"Joesph....."