Chapter Thirty

I ran up the five flight's of stairs I didn't even want to wait for the elevator. Nerves crashed into not knowing what I was walking into. If just seemed like forever it took to get to her room. When I finally found it I stopped and took a deep breathe trying to settle my nerves. My hand shook as I reached for the door handle pushing it open slowly. I stepped in the room was dimly lit and completely silent except the quiet sound of beeping. I pulled the curtain back and I swallowed the lump in my throat and wiped a tear that slipped down. There she was laying in that bed hooked up to all these monitors. As bad as she is she is still the most beautiful woman I ever seen. I pulled a chair up to the bed and sat down taking her hand. I just sat there for a minute and ran my thumb over her knuckles just looking at her and my heart ached. 

"Ry Ry baby Im here. You're going to be alright you have to be. The baby is waiting to meet his momma. Ry he is beautiful just like you. Everyone was here all night waiting on word about you. I sent them home and Im not going to leave here till you are able to come with me. Ryder you have to be okay, I don't know how to live without you. I don't even want to try, I love you. I love you more than you even know."

I just sighed I like to think she could hear me. I didn't even realize I had drifted off to sleep. I don't know what time it was when I heard my name. I sat up and Maggie was over at one of the machines Ryder was hooked up too,

"Maggie whats going on?"

"Morning Joesph. Im taking Ryder off the sedation. Her pressure is staying stable so I think it is a good time to try."

"How long before she wakes up?"

"Honestly can be anywhere from minutes to hours."

"Does it mean she is going to be ok?"

"She is still in serious shape, but do I think she is going to pull through yes, but we still need to monitor her indefinitely."

A sense of relief washed over me, and the first time since I held my son for the first time I smiled.

I watched the doctor turn off the sedation and she turned to me,

"Joesph, talk to her it may help to bring her too quicker."

I nodded and she walked out. I grabbed the phone from my pocket and quickly called my parents house. They picked up after the third ring.

"Hello"

"Mom...."

"Son, yes"

"Mom, Im upstairs in Ryder's room they are turned off her sedation and her doctor said she should pull through."

"That is wonderful news, does her father know?"

"No can you call him and let him know?"

"Absolutely I can, do you want us to come up your father and me?"

"Doctor said it could be hours before she actually wakes up. I'll call you when she wakes up and you can come up."

"Have you been down to see the baby?"

"I fell asleep, I want to see if they can bring him up here so she can see him. She never even got to hold him yet."

"Joesph, I don't know if they will do that. Ive never seen it."

"They have too..."

"I hope so, Let me get your father to call Sammy and Remi and call us when she wakes up."

My Perfect AddictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara