Chapter Thirty-One

Here we are five days of hell later and with Maggie's blessing Im on the way home with my Fiancee and son. Ryder is doing so much better just still extremely sore. Doctor says she shouldn't have any long term issues and we still be able to have more kids if we wanted. This was the only thing I wanted for my birthday and here we are the day after my birthday and we are on the way home. My mom and sisters have been at the the house getting everything set up for her and the baby. 

"So baby you ready to finally be coming home, you and the baby?"

"You have no idea. I just want to get home take a real shower and finally get to be with you and the baby and not in a hospital bed. I just sorry you spent you birthday in the hospital with me. Just don't know how Im going to make it up to you."

"Ry Ry, I woundn't have been anywhere else. And you don't have to make anything up to me."

"Joey it was your big 21st birthday and you missed it because of me."

"I couldn't have celebrated my birthday without you. If you really want to make it up to me, when you're better we can work on baby number two."

"You can't even be serious right now....."

"Relax Ryder I was trying to get you to laugh."

"God Joey don't do that."

He laughed as he pulled into the driveway. I instantly seen his mom and Carol and Tracy's car.

"What your mom and sisters doing here?"

"Just helping getting things ready for you and Stryker."

"Joey don't put that on them. I just got to get a shower and then I'll get to it."

"The hell you are! What is going to happen is you are going to go up and take a long, hot bubble bath and relax. I got the baby and the house."

He leaned over kissing me quickly.

"JOEY!!!!!!"

"don't give me not shit woman, I almost lost you, you are going to relax till you are healed." 

God he is so aggravating. At the same point as aggravating as he is no one has loved me like he does. He throws the car in park and looks over at me with that cheesy Joey smile,

"Lets go...."

Before I even got to say anything he is out of the car and pulling Stryker's carseat from the back.I carefully slid from the car and I feel him grab my hand with his other hand walking me up the walkway. He let go and opened the door. I was met by his mom and sisters and lots of love and hugs. Before I even knew what hit me I was ushered to the couch handed a cup of tea and Tracy walked off with the baby. Both Joey and I sat there at a loss.

"Ummm Babe what the hell just happened?"

"Fuck if I know, Tracy stole our baby."

I tried to stand up to head in the kitchen with everyone only to be stopped by Tom who came out from the woodwork somewhere.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"In the kitchen with everyone else...."

"No you're not back on that couch "

"serious pop I'm fine"

"we almost lost you, so no you're not fine. Kay and I will be staying for the week to help well you recover and help Joesph with caring for you and the baby."