Chapter Four

It was seven in the morning when I dialed my dad, I know its early, but he has to be at base at 5am. The phone rang three times before the most comforting voice answered.

"Hello"

"Hi daddy"

"Hey pumpkin, what's up aren't you supposed to be in class?"

"In an hour is my first class, listen I'm going to be coming down tonight after I'm done with school for the weekend."

"Not that I mind but what's up?"

"I have something to do tonight at The Garden and your house is so much closer, I'm not going to want to drive all the way back to my dorm after."

"Ryder it wouldn't be that you're going to the Garden because Joe is preforming there tonight, is it?"

"Welllllll"

"Ryder are you sure you want to do that? I know when he left you were upset for so long."

"He emailed me a couple nights ago and asked me to come down for the final show of the tour and I don't know I just feel like I need to go."

"I don't know how well that's going to work out, but I have an overnight today, but Remington will be home after work."

"Honestly I don't know if it's a good idea either, but I owe it to the years of friendship we had, he was my best friend almost my entire life."

"Do what you feel is right pumpkin listen we doing live fire drills in a minute, so I got to go. Ill see you in the morning."

"Ok, bye daddy"

Ok so my father knows. I know he thinks it's a bad idea and it probably is but there is no turning back now. I got one text from Joe at like 1 in the afternoon saying that he was back in town and at TD. That set off my anxiety because now it's really real. I haven't set my eyes on Joe in person in a year. Yes, I've seen him on TV on random shows and the music video's but to me that isn't him, that is a Joe I don't know. Maybe that is Joe and the one I knew was just part of my imagination. Whatever the case in a matter of hours I will be face to face with him again.

Class finally ended and I headed straight for my car and got on the road. It was a two-hour drive from the dorm to my dad's and I wanted to stop and get a nail file and to stop at The Braintree Mall to get something to wear. I tried to rationalize why I shouldn't get all dolled up, much like I figured I couldn't. I pulled up into the driveway of my dad's house it was 4 in the afternoon, I had only two hours before I had to be at The Garden. I was finishing up getting ready when Remi popped up in my doorway.

"Pain in the ass you made it home"

"Yeah, got in a little while ago"

"Getting all ready for your boyfriend are you."

he let out a little laugh and all I wanted to do was punch him, I gritted my teeth and snapped.

"Will you shut the fuck up he isn't my boyfriend never was, never will you asshole."

"Jesus Christ Ryder down, I was joking. Listen I'm gonna leave you alone well I still have my balls."

Ok I know I shouldn't have snapped at Remi but my nerves are everywhere. I grabbed my ID and some cash and slid it in my pocket of my jeans and headed out, but something stopped me in my tracks. I could smell it coming from remi's room. I stop and think for a second, maybe if I go in and take a couple of hits it will settle down my nerves. I pushed the door open,

"Rem, let me hit that."

"You're not serious"

"Serious as a heart attack, listen I'm a fucking mess, so please!"