Bonus Chapter

I have been the fun auntie for years now

I have been the fun auntie for years now. But that does not compare to bring somebody's mama. Jordan's 2 kids are almost out of high school so best believe I clowned him when we found out he was pregnant with his youngest. He now has a junior in college, a wild ass 18 year old, and a 2 year old. Not to mention he's one of the biggest, best, and well known doctor is the state of Texas.

"Mom! Brave won't move." Adore screeched, right as she lost her temper smacking Brave in his forehead.

I just sent them both a look before looking somewhere else. They both know they're not too old for a butt whoopin.

I knew I was a lot to handle but two kids less than a year apart, in their teenage years, with Yamir and my personality combined is hell.

I don't know what I was thinking.

But what's even crazier is that my baby brother has 4 kids off his own.. 2 boys 2 girls that are wild as ever and keeps everyone on their toes. We've all had the opportunity to grow and find ourselves and now we're creating a space where our kids can safely and effectively do that at home.

"Quit calling me that." Brave argued, giving her the same look I'd given them.

18 years.

18 years went by, and everything and nothing changed. The biggest adjustment though was definitely our beautiful Irish twins.

Bryson Brave Banks is our first born. At 15 years old, he already stood at 6 feet and I knew he had a few more inches to go. He is everything I couldn't imagined in a son. My twin in male form. Physically, mentally, and emotionally. However most importantly, we both share that distaste for our names.

I knew I wanted his name to start with B, Yamir wanted to continue the adjective tradition and Brave was his choice. Because he's my twin in all aspects, well most, outside our home he goes by Junior. At home, he's terrorized with being called BB, Bryce, and Bravey.

Next up was my second child, born 11 months later. When were found out she was a girl, I couldn't lie, I was scared from one hothead to another. All it that was for nothing though because she shared qualities physically with my grandfather and Yamir, but personality wise, she was all Carter. Adore Y'mari Banks. She got a verb. And this unknown web of anxiety and emotions.

Don't get me wrong, I'm big emotion filled moments, usually when they get out of character, they share qualities with whoever they look like in the moment.

"Y'all stop." I scolded, filled with nervousness for them.

Today was one of the biggest days of their father's life, but a guaranteed part of history. Today was a the day you could only imagine.

After a whopping 20 years in the league, Yamir announced his retirement. A bittersweet moment in our household. Yamir is the best dad and husband, but football made him the man he is, and watching it live on without him was a hard one.