34.

August 14th

August 14th

I personally believe I'm a petty cool person, but Yamir always frustrates me. Seeing him FaceTiming me, I contemplated not sharing, but I decided to answer and not say anything.

"You mad at me?" He questioned, munching happily on a bowl of cereal.

"Yeah." I told him truthfully before going back to being silent.

"You kept that bag with the napkins in it?" He asked next, not faced by my attitude.

"Uh un." I responded, deciding to tackle the ever growing pile of dishes in the sink.

"It's in yo trash can or a public trash can?" He asked abruptly.

"Mine," I responded before ringing everything off, that way I wouldn't hang much scrubbing to do

"Go get it." He instructed, like it was the most important thing on Earth.

"I'm washing dishes." I deadpanned, realizing I was elbow deep and they haven't even started soaking yet.

"Go get it." He told me again, making me chh I pose the childish route.

I rolled my eyes before dancing, flicking him off, and then not going to the trash can, pretending to look off in the distance.

He only signed, watching me, then when I got out of breath, raised an eyebrow, obviously asking me if I was done. Still being petty, I decided to do the new TikTok trend before getting the bag.

Grabbing it off the top, I realized exactly how heavy it was. I just looked at him, having done everything he asked.

"Look in the bag babygirl. Keep up." He said in a tone for a child, still patiently waiting.

I sucked by teeth but looked in the bag, wondering why it was so heavy. Inside there was a huge stack of napkins but something else was in there that wore literally stunned me in place.

My jaw dropped when I realized there was a number in the teens worth of paper flat fresh stacked 20s with bank grade bands wrapped around them.

"I wasn't gon just do you like that, but I do apologize, that was stupid." He told me, not even fazed by the money sprawled out on my counter like granola bars.

Closing my mouth, I didn't say anything, I just stared at the money. I've never so much money in person, just on drug cartel movies.

"When you're with me, you won't be paying for anything, do you understand me?" He told me firmly, kind of sending a cold streak through my body.

Hearing him, I couldn't respond. I simply couldn't. It's taken be years to even save this much and I literally threw it in the trash

"Pretty soon you won't ever be paying for nothing out of your own pocket." Yamir told me proudly, obviously taking my shock in a positive light.