29.

July 17th

July 17th

We finally made it to the very end of our session and to say I'm relieved is an understatement. Getting back to this old schedule is so hard. There's nothing more than I want now than another hour of sleep.

"So what's up? What's next now?" Yamir asked as I removed the several ice packs off his leg, grabbing a Clorox wipe to disinfect them.

"What do you mean young man?" I questioned, wiping them all down thoroughly and placing them back in the freezer.

"I've gone on tour, started campaigns, all this shit and ain't nothing changed in what we're doing here." He told me in a duh tone, removing the TEMs patches hisself.

"It's not?" I questioned pursing my lips to the side.

Honestly, I understand the frustration he could have but the entitlement in his tone was enraging to me. He had no issue doing this before when it hurts but he visited these multimillion dollar facilities and all of a sudden wants to tell me. The one with the degree.

"No. I'm still in pain, still in a chair, still can't walk." He told me with a careless shrug, looking at me in intently for a response.

"Ok." I concluded, pursing my lips one more time before going to our supply closet.

"Ok?" He questioned following close behind me.

Feeling him literally on my heels, hitting the backs of my ankle like a grocery store buggy, I simply turned around and looked at him.

"I came here for the best care and recovery and I just feel like I'm more than this chair." He told me his eyes narrowed at me but a certain calmness and firmness in his aura.

"So you think you can get better help somewhere else?" I asked him, looking at him seriously before chuckling.

"I didn't say that." He responded immediately, still following me around the room.

Sam and Keith saw that I was a ticking bomb, checked to see if I was ok and then still kept their distance, something I truly respected. What would really tick me off is if they tried to move me like tv security does.

"Well you insinuated that." I responded, finishing off his notes blandly before placing them in my binder specifically dedicated to his progress.

"It's just I've don't everything except walk and my health is my main priority so I feel like we're slacking in the wrong department." He told me seriously, looking down at his leg but obviously not at that huge scar that's most likely going to be there for the rest of his life.

"And do you feel that way or has someone with a degree and experience explained that to you? Or perhaps one of your friends." I asked him, completely checking out from the conversation entirely, entertaining him at this point.