38.

February 19th

February 19th

See the thing about Yamir is no matter how thoughtful, how affectionate, no matter how wonderful he can be, he can quite literally ruin a moment.

So when there was a knock on my work side door, I only pushed it open enough for them to grab it, and then stood back, not in the mood to be seen by any of them.

"Girl I'm embarrassed for you." Sam immediately told me, coming up to me to hug me and then making the Oop face.

"I do not want to talk about it." I told Keith, not ready for the jokes.

"Who hurt you?!" Sam questioned, completely hysterical, somehow breaching my hard shell because I had to turn around before they saw my tears spill.

But the thing was I couldn't help but sniffle so I just walked away.

"Are you crying forreal?" Sam questioned, genuinely feeling bad and running over to scoop me into another hug.

"No I don't feel good." I lied, knowing that only embarrassment pushed me to this point.

Keith, poking his lip out, joined out hug, making it a group one and I just let the tears stream down my face.

"So everybody gets a hug but me?" Yamir questioned like I wasn't already livid at him.

"Yes." I told him confidently, pulling away and wiping my face.

"I can't help you came in my house screaming singing and hollering." He said defensively, sitting by the work table waiting expectantly.

"You could've told me!" I exclaimed, really and truly in the mood to curse him out.

"I did! You told me to shut up." He immediately responded in the same tone.

"I'm literally going to die. And my parents, my grandparents, my friends, everybody knew it was me. That is literally so embarrassing." I exclaimed in a high pitched voice before sneezing.

"I can't help that." He responded, obviously choosing to be tone deaf.

The situation at hand currently is I went over to Yamir's house on Sunday, and I was using his gym. And of course, I jammed out to my favorite artist, Toosii. I had to. His voice was just too beautiful bouncing off the walls.

But what I didn't expect was Yamir to have recorded me and posted me on his story on Instagram, which has gone viral, and Jayla has sent me TikTok of people using the sound. It's terrible.

When I tell you I was screaming the lyrics, not caring how I sounded. Now I do. I should've just stayed home.

I sighed, completely defeated and not knowing what to do about it or with myself.

"I bought new resistance bands and stuff for you." I told him in a low depressed tone, throwing the whole pack at me.

"How kind." He responded sarcastically, not expecting the extra package I threw at the side of his head.