2.

"Hello stranger," my brother exaggerated as I walked up to him

"Yeah, whatever," I responded with an eye roll.

Even though he was in the midst of his antics, he still extended his hand and basically pulled me up over the little hill covered with branches and who knows whatever else. I guess that what I get for trying to cut though instead of taking the path.

"This is literally the only thing I miss about Alabama," I told him as we walked past the nostalgic sign.

After a long night, a hike felt like the only thing that would clear my mind. As always my big brother caught me and wanted to join.

"Wow, thanks for loving and accepting me," he said dramatically with his hand over his heart.

He really and truly thinks he's somebody special. With his

"Well one of the things. It's just that Houston is Houston. It's brawling and bustling and there's so much to see and do and there isn't that excitement here," I told him which was very true.

Houston was the change of environment that I needed at the time. I was young and heartbroken and I had some rough patches but I made some of the best memories in my life and met some of the best people there and wouldn't trade it for the world.

Now if there was a mini Houston closer to home, then I might reconsider, but other than that it's the perfect place for me and I don't mind a road trip here and there.

"Well I'm staying my black butt here," He said puckering his lips at me while giving me an antagonistic look.

"And you do that. That way I can stay down here comfortably and for free," I told him patting his shoulder.

Trust me, my brother will go nowhere if he can't go and live comfortably and in style. Since I'm his baby sister, anytime I'm in his vicinity, I'm bound to travel like that too.

"You think," He responded looking at me doubtfully.

"I know," I told him with a smirk.

Even though he hated to admit it, he can't tell me no. I mean he can but it's a lot more difficult than you think. We walked a few feet in comfortable silence as I took in the view, something I'd never get in Texas. After a while I felt my brother take occasional and obvious planned glanced my direction, signaling that he had something to say and wanted my full attention.

"Might as well go ahead and ask," I said still looking at the forested landscape.

I know my brother like the back of his hand. Hundreds and thousands of miles will never change that.

"How are you feeling about last night?" He breathed.

I get the fact that I have a huge temper, it's just I hate being treated like I'm a ticking bomb that's going to explode any moment. But I will admit that's a tendency that I'm guilty of.