43.

These last few weeks have been challenging, but have been the most normal, so I can't complain

Work has been hectic as seemingly more and more kids are getting hurt and my modes of entertaining and treating them has gotten more and more difficult.

Not to mention I have a competitive team. Meaning we've started going to competitions and we've done really well. We aren't the best of the best, but it's a learning curve.

And I've made the decision to remain on the coaching end of that curve for as long as possible.

However this lawsuit has creeping in the shadows for so long now. Keeping it out of the media was tricky. Of course it got out and the contents were definitely misconstrued.

When the suit stated inappropriate relations with patients, it meant using physical contact, ie, hugs entering and leaving, causing emotionally triggering responses- incentives and taking toys, causing emotional attachments, and forming relationships with my patients outside of their sessions.

This is not un consented or inappropriate activities, relations, ect with any of my patients, in or outside of therapy in any inappropriate manner.

But for the most part, the most media coverage being had is the fact that one of the biggest PT corporations in the state is being sued by an active employee.

One of my literal biggest expenses as an adult was my lawyer. And the hardest things about it is it can take up to years for us to even step foot in a court house.

"How is my lawsuit goin?" I asked, as if I didn't ask her this the other day.

"Well." She responded simply, most likely because nothing has changed.

"How so?" Mg mom questioned.

My mom has been right by my side, surprisingly not up my ass, throughout the entire process. She's definitely devoted herself to making sure no one was making a fool out of me, catching onto things I wouldn't have even thought of.

"Because we got a court date in 20 minutes ago." She said, making me peek up.

"When is it?" I asked, hoping for a sooner one so this could all be over with.

"Almost a year and a half from now." She said in her usual nonchalant tone, making my jaw drop.

I didn't know how to respond. She told me not to be surprised if the date was scheduled up to even 5 years from now. The way times been flying, a year is either a while or a second from now.

"What?!" My mom exclaimed, being caught by surprise as well.

"Yeah. It is in fact relatively soon compared to other cases." She reminded, showing is the documents she received.

"What do we do now?" I asked, still not knowing whether or not a years time is a good thing or a bad thing.

"We wait. I mean keep gathering evidence and witnesses, remaining tight lipped, but there isn't really anything we can do." She said, which concerned me.