𝕋𝕚

Chapter ten

 (Songs Thea remind me of part two: Making the end by Olivia Rodrigo)

.,,.,,.,,.

When Thea woke up, she felt slightly disoriented but yet so much better. She was laying in a white bed that she quickly recognised as one from the camp infirmary and someone was holding her hand. It was dark around, so possibilities were hinting towards it being nighttime. If she was being honest, Thea couldn't really remember much of what had happened.

She could remember everything before getting out of Tartarus, but everything after that was slightly blurry. A face - one she knew. A location - one she could not remember. Had she just gone straight from Tartarus into the camp infirmary.

When her eyes adjusted to the light, everything became a little clearer. The hand in hers belonged to someone - a girl - who seemed to have falled asleep sitting up. It wasn't Marielle, as the daughter of Ares would have woken up the second Thea moved too much.

She removed her hand from the hold, using it to sit up. She still felt tired, but the pain had disappeared. One of her hands was still bandaged. When had she bandaged it? Had she bandaged it? Was it already bandaged when she got to camp? There was a nagging feeling in her mind that told her she was missing something.

"Lana?" Thea knew that voice. She could listen to that voice forever. The darkness was slowly disappearing from her vision and she could finally recognize the girl next to her. None other than Piper McLean was sitting in a chair beside her bed. Thea didn't quite know what exactly she thought of that.

How long had Piper been there? How long had she been there herself? What day was it? Had Piper meant to fall asleep by her side? How did Piper still manage to look like some goddess after just waking up from the most uncomfortable position ever?

She didn't ask any of those though - mostly because when she opened her mouth, her throat went dry like the Sahara.

"Wait here, I'll get you something to drink." Thea wanted to protest, not wanting to be alone, but Piper was barely gone a minute before returning with a glass of orange juice. "I know you don't like water, so I figured this was the next best thing."

"What time is it?" Thea was sure her voice hadn't always sounded like that, but that was the least of her worries right now.

Piper shrugged. "I think around four in the morning, but the infirmary keeps food and drinks all the time."

"I'm sorry for waking you."

"Don't be. Are you feeling alright?" Piper took the empty glass and put it to the side, making a mental note to get some more later.

"Better now, that's for sure." She wasn't sure if that was the right answer, but Piper just nodded as if she understood.

"Is there anything else you need?"