𝕋𝕚

Chapter ten

(Duolingo kidnaps people who don't do their daily lessons)

🪨🪨🪨

After the goddess of snow had led the other half of the quest to meet her father it was only silence to be left in the entry hall. Neither Leo or Thea had said a word since Jason and Piper had left, but somehow the silence wasn't uncomfortable.

Thea turned to look at Leo who was sitting on Festus the suitcase looking rather conflicted. She could tell he had something on his mind.

"Spit it out," She said. The son of Hephaestus flinched. He hadn't expected her to break the silence.

"Why-" for a second he stopped himself, but then he saw the look the daughter of Hades was sending him. "Why does Jason seem to dislike you so much?" He asked.

Thea tilted her head with a thoughtful look on her face. She hadn't expected such a question. Even worse, she didn't know the answer. Ever since the quest had started he had not once acted kindly towards her, only glaring at her or scoffing at her words.

"I have no idea," she finally answered after a minute of uncomfortable silence. "Maybe it's because I'm a child of Hades..."

Leo just looked at her confused. What was so wrong about having Hades as a father?

"Hades isn't much liked," the girl started explaining as she caught his confused look.
"It isn't unusual for people to judge me or even hate me because he's the one who sired me."

"I'm sorry," Leo said. "On the other hand, I think Hades is pretty awesome."

That grabbed Thea's attention. Not many had ever said such things of her father.

"Don't be sorry, Leo. Jason wouldn't be the first. I've been hated many times before. Sometimes it's been worse than just words and looks."

She wasn't sure why she was telling him this. The daughter of Hades wasn't usually one to open up and talk to others, but here she was, talking to a random guy she had met a day earlier. Marielle would've been proud. Ever since the day they became friends the child of Ares had told her to be more open about her feelings and experience.

Ever since the titan war the daughter of Hades had been terrified of opening up again. She had told one person about everything that had ever happened in her life. That person was no longer in her life.

"You know, don't you?" Leo asked out of nowhere.

Thea wasn't quite sure what he was talking about but Leo must've seen that by the confused glance she gave him.

"I saw the look you gave me earlier when Zethes accused me of smelling like fire," He continued. Thea was starting to realise what he was talking about.