𝕋𝕣𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕚 𝕗𝕚𝕣𝕖

Chapter thirty four

(Anyone else crave Academic Validation?)

:) :) :)

Borrowing the helicopter was easy with the help of Piper. However, getting the daughter of Aphrodite's dad on board was not.

Piper needed only a few words through Leo's improvised bullhorn to convince the pilot to land on the mountain. The Park Service copter was big enough for medical evacuations or search and rescue, and when Piper told the very nice ranger pilot lady that it would be a great idea to fly them to the Oakland Airport, she readily agreed.

Who knew a voice could be that powerful?

"No," Tristan McLean muttered as they picked him up off the ground. "Piper, what - there were monsters - there were monsters -"

Piper needed both Leo's and Jason's help to hold him, while Coach Hedge gathered their supplies. Thea herself tried to volunteer, but she could barely stand properly so she was told to wait.

At least she'd gotten Hedge had put his trousers and shoes back on, so Piper didn't have to explain the goat legs to the helicopter lady later on.

Thea could almost feel the heartbreak Piper was experiencing. She hadn't seen her own mother in years, but still, she could not imagine having to watch her own parent in such a state.

"It'll be okay, Dad." Thea could hear Piper whisper, as the daughter of Hades limped towards the helicopter. The daughter of Aphrodite's voice was calm a soothing, and a  small smile appeared on Tristan McLean's face before it instantly disappeared back to his far-away look.

Thea could tell Piper was struggling with her power. It seemed she would rather jump down a cliff than charmspeak her own father, but it seemed the only way  and she knew that.

"These people are my friends," the brunette continued, her voice sounding fragile.

"We're going to help you. You're safe now."

The man blinked and looked up at the helicopter rotors. "Blades. They had a machine with so many blades. They had six arms..."

When the others got him to the bay doors, the pilot came over to help. "What's wrong with him?" she asked.

"Smoke inhalation," Jason suggested.

"Or heat exhaustion," Thea added, trying her best to hide her limp.

"We should get him to a hospital," the pilot said.

"It's okay," Piper said. "The airport is good."

"Yeah, the airport is good," the pilot agreed immediately. Then she frowned, as if uncertain why she'd changed her mind. "Isn't he Tristan McLean, the movie star?"