𝕊𝕖𝕜𝕤

Chapter six

(When a history class is over, it's history)

♌︎♌︎♌︎

Continuing where we left off...

"Child of lightning, beware the earth,
The giants' revenge the eight shall birth,
Child of death shall find a lost
And help it home no matter cost
The forge and dove shall break the cage,
And death unleash through Hera's rage."

On the last word, Rachel collapsed, but her helpers were waiting to catch her. They carried her away from the hearth and laid her in the corner to rest.

'Child of death. That's me...'  Thea told herself in disbelief.
The closest thing she's ever had to a quest was when she went around looking for Nico after Bianca's death, or when Percy came to the underworld and she had to help cover for Nico when he got away.

"Is that normal?" Piper asked from beside Thea.

Then she seemed to realise that she'd spoken into the silence, and everyone was looking at her.
"I mean...does she spew green smoke a lot?"

"Gods, you're dense!" Drew sneered. "She just issued a prophecy - Jason's prophecy to save Hera! Why don't you just -"

"Drew," Annabeth snapped. "Piper asked a fair question. Something about that prophecy definitely isn't normal. If breaking Hera's cage unleashes her rage and causes a bunch of death.... Why would we free her? It might be a trap, or - Or maybe Hera will turn on her rescuers. She's never been kind to heroes."

Jason rose. "I don't have much choice. Hera took my memory. I need it back. Besides, we can't just not help the queen of the heavens if she's in trouble."

Nyssa was the one to speak up this time.

"Maybe. But you should listen to Annabeth. Hera can be vengeful. She threw her own son - our dad - down a mountain just because he was ugly?

"Real ugly," snickered someone from the Aphrodite cabin.

"Shut up!" Nyssa growled.
"Anyway, we've also got to think, why beware the earth? And what's the giants' revenge? What are we dealing with here that's powerful enough to kidnap the queen of the heavens?"

No one answered, but Thea, Annabeth and Chiron had a silent exchange.

Annabeth: The giants' revenge.... no, it can't be.

Thea: Don't seem too surprised, Annie.

Chiron: Don't speak of it here. Don't scare them.

Annabeth: You're kidding me! We can't be that unlucky.

Thea: Apparently we can.

Chiron: later, child. If you told them everything, they would be too terrified to proceed.