𝕋𝕛𝕦𝕖 𝕖𝕚𝕟

Chapter twenty one

(You're probably in the background of a stranger's holiday photo)

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

(You're probably in the background of a stranger's holiday photo)

♈︎♈︎♈︎

Thea swore to never ride storm spirits again. Just the thought of it made her nauseous. The coach and Jason had gone to the river and ungoldified Ally, Piper, (Leo was saved by the rain before they reached the water) but none of them woke up at once, not until they reached their destination.

Leo had been the first to wake and he's set himself on fire as a way to get warmer.

Thea had tried her best to hide the blood seeping through the gauze she'd tried to wrap the cut in, but she was no child of Apollo and healing wasn't in her blood.
Neither Jason nor the coach had noticed it, so she stood in the clear for as long as they didn't move too much. She'd just get it looked at once they reached camp again. If she reached camp again.

Coach had done some weird nature magic to heal the girls, but Thea wasn't quite sure  if it was working.
Ally woke not too long after and sat next to Leo by the fire he'd started to get herself warm.

Piper looked the worst. She was shivering next to Thea and every signal in her brain told her to get her closer to the fire to get her more warmth, but the daughter of Hades wasn't quite trusted around fire, and she couldn't blame the person who had put that hesitation in her mind.
She had tried playing with fire once... and it wasn't the worst experience of her life.

"How's Piper?" Leo asked from his space between Jason and Ally.
Thea put one hand on the daughter of love's forehead to check the temperature and was greeted by a colder than it should be coolness.
"I'm no reliable source, but I'm pretty sure she's got hypothermia."

The coach looked at her, suddenly interested.
"Should I try to heal her more? I don't know if I did enough earlier."

"I think-"
She didn't get to finish and Piper woke up just then.

"Oh, god." Piper's teeth chattered. "He turned me to gold!"
Thea helped her sit up slowly, as to not harm Piper or herself in the process. Her stomach was uncomfortably fixed up and she was well aware it wouldn't last long.

"You're okay now." The daughter of Hades assured before leaning over and tucking a warm blanket around her in hopes it would cure her faster.

Thea could see Piper analysing the cave just as she herself had done earlier. There was nothing special about it and the most interesting thing that was happening was a giant storm only the hunters of Artemis would be able to run around in without freezing.

She sure hoped the girls were okay. They had escaped Midas just days ago meaning they couldn't be that far off... or actually they could.
The hunters were quick on their feet.
She knew some of them, mostly one named Phoebe who had tried (key word being tried) to teach her how to aim with a bow and arrow once when they were at camp. She failed and they ended up just having a knife duel instead.