𝕋𝕛𝕦𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕜𝕤

Chapter twenty six

(18 people have died in space)

🝮🝮🝮

Thea couldn't help but feel bad for Jason. He'd found his sister and lost her in less than an hour, even though it had felt like so much more. As they climbed the cliffs of the floating island, he kept looking back as if expecting Thalia to be just behind them. But she wasn't.

Something disturbing must've been said in that cave, for Jason was acting more unusual then he normally was.
Firstly, he looked like he was thinking and using his brain.
Secondly, he was glaring at the ground as he walked, sometimes frowning as well.
And thirdly, he didn't tell her to fuck off when she called him blondie.

Perhaps it had something to do with being Zeus's son. Everything he'd ever been told must've been a different story than what he thought.
Maybe the Zeus cabin at camp had finally gotten to him.

Thea didn't know, but she did know that something had been said in that cave. Something that changed his view of life. But that's already happened to most demigods, so he was late according to her standards.

The closer they got to Aeolus's palace she could feel the nerves going up on most members of the group; the only exception being the satyr who was strutting in the front.
"Come on, cupcakes! Only a few thousand more steps!"

"That's it," Thea grumbled, moving forward to either summon someone to throw him down or just punch him herself. It even crossed her mind to just shadow travel to the top, but Piper had seemingly read her thoughts and grabbed her hand to keep her from using her energy without any good reason.

That was also the reason she didn't get to the part where coach Hedge got kicked off the mountain.
Piper holding her back and giving her a warning look, much like the one she'd gotten several times before when she was about to do something stupid.

Ally had gone quiet again, and Thea was starting to question if the demigod was even sane anymore. She'd been awfully quiet, but that may just have been since she'd gotten used to Leo's constant talking.

Even though it was Piper who was stopping Thea from doing anything stupid it didn't mean that the daughter of Aphrodite looked like she was alright.

Ever since they started walking up the hundreds of steps, Piper had been deep in thought. Maybe she was still feeling dizzy from the hypothermia, or maybe she was thinking about Thalia's idea.

They'd told her what the daughter of Zeus had said on the bridge - how they could save both her dad and Hera. Thea wasn't sure how that would work, but she did know that she would take any chance to help her friend.
She herself had witnessed a parent die because of the children and didn't want Piper to live with the guilt for the rest of her life.