𝕊𝕛𝕦

Chapter seven

(If a killer is chasing you, you're both running for your life)



Thea was back in the underworld, but this time, not by the pit.

She was standing in the throneroom of Hades, where he and Persephone usually sat on their thrones and faced the complaints of miserable spirits.

Now, only Persephone sat on her throne. She had taken the appearance she usually did when she was alone with her, looking quite like Thea herself, with the same brown hair and similar features.
She could only guess it was the goddess who had summoned her.

"Hello, child," The goddess spoke calmly, snapping the young brunette out of her thoughts.
"Yes, as you might've guessed, I've summoned you here. And it took a while since someone stayed up most of the night instead of sleeping."

Thea gave her a small, embarrassed nod. Persephone wasn't wrong, but the girl was scared of what she would see when she closed her eyes.

The last time she had tried to sleep she'd dreamed about your majesty the bitch.

"I mean, that's the conclusion I came to when I appeared here and not by the dark pit."

Persephone sat up in her throne, almost as if she was worried. "What dark pit?"

Thea quickly realised her mistake.
While Persephone would know what it was, it would also worry the queen.
If it was what the girl was questioning, nothing would go well.

"Nothing, just a daydream. I suspect you're here, or you've summoned me here, about the quest?"

The queen seemed hesitant to let the matter go, but she must've seen her step-daughter's reluctance to talk about the pit, so she let it go.
(we all just singing Frozen now?)

"Yes, indeed. Zeus has forbidden all kinds of contact and is watching the major gods the most, including your father, so I'm here to give you a 'You've got a quest' talk."

Thea rolled her eyes. It wasn't as if he would care anyway.
Bianca had been his favourite, and after that it was Nico.

Not that she blamed him for it. She wouldn't have been her own favourite if she was to pick one of them.

"We have limited time, so I'm gonna cut to the chase. 'Child of death shall find a lost', that's you.
That means you'll find something. I do not know what, but I hope for you that it isn't anything dangerous."

"But how on earth am I going to find something?" Thea demanded. "We both know that I'm not good at searching."

"Think, child. When time comes, you'll figure it out. It may be in the beginning, or at the very end, but for now, I must go." She stepped off the throne.
"I won't be able to help much. But I can offer a girls day when you come back."