𝔸̊𝕥𝕥𝕖

Chapter eight

(There's two e's in bee, but they're basically silent)

🥛🥛🥛

Thea's leg was bouncing restlessly against the dragon. She was fully aware that Zeus wouldn't strike her down with his own son aboard, but that didn't mean she wasn't terrified at the thought. There was a silence above the four of them, not helping her anxiety.

"Shut up, me,' Leo said aloud, scaring the living shit out of the girl. "Jeez," She muttered at the same time Piper said, "What?"

"Nothing," Leo said. "Long night. I think I'm hallucinating. It's cool."

"That is not cool, man. Very not cool," Thea said with a forced calmness in her voice.

She couldn't see anyone else's reaction, but if she was  correct they were having the same thoughts as her.

"Just joking," Repair boy said, deciding it might be good to change the subject. "So what's the plan, bro?" He asked, the question directed to blondie in the back. "You said something about catching wind or breaking wind, or something?"

As they flew over New England, Jason laid out the game plan: first, find some guy named Boreas and grill him for information-

"His name is Boreas?" Leo had to ask. "What is he, the God of Boring?"

Second, Jason continued, they had to find those venti that had attacked the other three at the Grand Canyon.

"Can we just call them storm spirits?" Leo asked.
"Venti makes them sound like evil espresso drinks."

"Agreed," Thea cut in. "Speaking of, is there any Starbucks on the way?"
The question went ignored by everyone except Leo who gave her a high five.

And third, Jason finished, they had to find out who the storm spirits worked for, so they could find Hera and free her.

"So you want to look for Dylan, the nasty storm dude, on purpose," Leo said. "The guy who threw me off the skywalk and sucked Coach Hedge into the clouds."

"You trusted a Dylan?" Thea had to ask.
From what she'd read in her life, Dylan was mostly some bad guy... that's how you get trust issues.

"That's about it," Blondie said. "Well... there may be a wolf involved, too. But I think she's friendly. She probably won't eat us, unless we show weakness."

He told them them about his dream - the big nasty mother wolf and a burnt-out house with stone spires growing out of the swimming pool.

"Uh-huh," Leo said. "But you don't know where this place is."

"Nope," Jason admitted.

"There are also giants," Pretty girl added. "The prophecy said the giants revenge."