𝕋𝕣𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕚 𝕟𝕚

Chapter thirty nine

(I somehow managed to include Alexander Hamilton and Elizabeth I in the same essay)

.-,-.-,-.-,-.

Thea couldn't have been out for long when she was shaken awake. Everything hurt. Her vision was blurry, but she could vaguely make out the goddess shaking her awake. Wait, goddess?

"Atalanta Goldaxe."

Thea sat up. How she managed she had no idea. She wasn't at camp, but she wasn't at the wolf house either. It was light—just a bunch of light.
The goddess in front of her was one of the most beautiful beings she'd ever laid her eyes on.

Her features kept switching. At one point she looked a lot like Lilith, but that didn't last long before the changing hair colour calmed down to a chestnut brown that looked as if it had been cut by an inexperienced fifteen-year-old.
She looked familiar.
Why did she look so familiar?

"Oh, you look terrible."

Thea scoffed. "Gee, thanks."
She was well aware she looked like absolute shit. She felt it too. The exhaustion, the injuries, the need for a good glass of Coca-Cola.

"I'm no Apollo, so I can't really help you there," The goddess muttered. "And I can't hold you here for long, as my daughter is trying to wake you and the blond boy."

The demigod's confusion turned into realisation. She knew who this was. Aphrodite. Goddess of love.
Piper's mother.

"Aphrodite," Thea muttered. She couldn't look the goddess in the eyes. The eyes were too familiar. She didn't want to admit it.

The goddess smiled, glad to be recognised. "Oh yes, you do know me."

Thea thought back to the earlier statement.
"Not to seem rude, my lady, but why am I here?"

Aphrodite stood up quickly as if just realising she was doing something wrong. "It's about my daughter." When she saw Thea's questioning look she quickly corrected herself.
"Ally, not Piper, although I wouldn't mind taking that matter up as well."

It was safe to say that Thea had no idea what was going on.

"Ally is safe," she said, acting a ton more confident than she felt. She would have to finish the quest after her quest mates.
She'd have to get Ally back. "I've made sure of it."

Aphrodite smiled, but this was more motherly than before. "Yes, I appreciate that."
Then she reached a hand out for Thea to grab and pulled her to her feet. Even though she knew her ankle was broken and her body was full of various injuries, it seemed none of it would catch up with her in the presence of the goddess.

"You're not healed," Aphrodite said. "Everything is just momentarily paused when you're here."

"I appreciate it, my lady, but you still have not given an answer to why exactly I am here."