𝕋𝕛𝕦𝕖 𝕤𝕛𝕦

Chapter twenty seven

(They cancelled Winx season three

(They cancelled Winx season three... that's all)

🝮🝮🝮

Mellie the Aura didn't look where she was going, but apparently it didn't matter as she drifted straight through a marble column with no problem.
Leo, who wasn't paying attention either, walked right into the column and would have fallen to the floor on top of Jason had the blonde not steadied them both.

"We're out of prime time now, so that's good," Mellie mused. "I can fit you in right before his 11:12 spot."

"Um, okay," Jason said.

The lobby was a pretty distracting place.
Winds blasted around them, so Thea felt like he was pushing through an invisible crowd. Doors blew open and slammed by themselves.
The things Thea could see looked to be straight out of a movie.

(straighter than Thea and everyone else on the quest (I'm sorry))

Paper aeroplanes of all different sizes and shapes sped around, and other wind nymphs, aurai, would occasionally pluck them out of the air, unfold and read them, then toss them back into the air, where the planes would refold themselves and keep flying.

An ugly creature fluttered past. Harpy. Camp halfblood used them as cleaning ladies. She looked like a mix between an old lady and a chicken on steroids. She had a wrinkled face with black hair tied in a hairnet, arms like a human plus wings like a chicken, and a fat, feathered body with talons for feet. It was amazing she could fly at all. She kept drifting around and bumping into things like a parade balloon.

"Not an aura?" Jason asked Mellie as the creature wobbled by.
Thea face palmed again. Did he know nothing?

Mellie just laughed. "That's a harpy, of course. Our, ah, ugly stepsisters, I suppose you would say. Don't you have harpies on Olympus? They're spirits of violent gusts, unlike us aurai. We're all gentle breezes." She batted her eyes at Jason.

"Course you are," Jasion said, looking uncomfortably around for an escape.

"No one's gonna tell 'em we aren't from Olympus?" Thea asked. Lying to gods or immortals never ended good.

"I think I was born there," Ally mused.

"Well, I'm more from hell than heaven so... we're fucked."

"So," Piper interrupted, talking loud enough to end her sister and cru- friend's conversation. "You were taking us to see Aeolus?"

Mellie led them through a set of doors like an airlock. Above the interior door, a green light blinked.

"We have a few minutes before he starts."

Mellie said cheerfully. "He probably won't kill you if we go in now. Come along!"

Thea could see several of her questmates staring around in awe. They clearly hadn't expected such luxury. The central section of Aeolus's fortress was as big as a cathedral, with a soaring domed roof covered in silver. Television equipment floated randomly through the air - cameras, spotlights, set pieces, potted plants. And there was no floor.