𝕋𝕣𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕟

Chapter thirteen

(Norwegian chocolate slays, there's nothing better)

❥❥❥

According to the plaque, it was called Crown Fountain. All the water had emptied out except for a few patches that were starting to freeze.

It didn't seem right to Thea that the fountain would have water in it in the winter anyway. Then again, those big monitors had flashed the face of their new enemy, aka, the mother of Giants, or Dirt Woman if you'd rather call her that. Nothing about this place was right.

They stepped to the centre of the pool. No spirits tried to stop them. The giant monitor walls stayed dark. The drain hole was easily big enough for a person, and a maintenance ladder led down into the gloom.

Thea was about to go first, but Blondie insisted that he did as he was the... weirdest or something. The girl hadn't really paid attention to what he was saying.

Instead, the daughter of Hades went second, struggling to get down as she was still tired and her wrist was more useless than she was herself.

She braced himself for horrible sewer smells, but it wasn't that bad. She had smelled worse visiting the underworld. The ladder dropped into a brickwork tunnel running north to south. The air was warm and dry, with only a trickle of water on
the floor.

At the bottom of the ladder she lost her grip and almost fell. Weirdly enough, Jason "saved" her, or kept her upright before helping the others down.

"Are all sewers this nice?" Piper wondered.

"No," Thea and Leo said in unison.
"Trust me."

Jason frowned at the two. "How do you know?"

"Hey, man, I ran away six times. I've slept
in some weird places, okay? Now, which way
do we go?"

Piper and Jason turned to the brown eyed girl next, looking for an answer.
"None of your business, now why don't we answer Leonardo over here."

Leo rolled his eyes at the nickname, about to object. Jason however accepted the answer. She didn't have to tell them if she didn't want to.

He tilted his head, listening, then pointed south. "That way."

"How can you be sure?" Piper asked.

"There's a draught blowing south," Blondie said. "Maybe the venti went with the flow."

It wasn't much of a lead, but nobody offered anything better.
Unfortunately, as soon as they started walk-
ing, Piper stumbled. Thea had to catch her, but as the girl was to her right, that ended up being a bad idea. She hissed in pain as her hand seemed to burn. Piper stumbled back a bit, not wanting to bring more suffering to the exhausted looking girl.