𝔽𝕖𝕞

Chapter five

(Each time you see a broken clock, it tells you the time it died)

♈︎♈︎♈︎

Thea walked in front of the other two girls, in hopes of stealing Marielle from her siblings.

As the brunette was alone in her cabin she didn't want to sit alone at the campfire as well, so it had become sort of a routine for her to steal away Marielle everytime Nico was away, which was most of the time.

Talking of Nico. He and Thea were really close, hanging out at the most random times doing the most random things.
Sometimes Thea wondered if he just saw her as a replacement for Bianca, another Hades sibling, Nico's full sister.

But then again, Nico had never treated her as such, rather talking to her in the underworld around their own little campfire and sharing stories about what he remembered from before the lotus casino and how much he hates Percy Jackson.

But at the end of the day, they acted like siblings.

Thea coming out to him, Nico telling her about missing Bianca, Nico blaming Percy Jackson... you get the memo.
You might even think the son of Hades had a crush on a certain Percy Jackson, but respecting his boundaries and his 1940s mind, Thea had never asked and didn't plan to.

She reached the amphitheatre. If you were wondering how it looks, the steps were carved into the side of a hill, facing a stone-lined fire pit and fifty or sixty kids filled the rows, clustered into groups under various banners.

As Thea saw Marielle she basically kidnapped her and sat her down next to Annabeth and Jason, the latter now sitting in between the two, blonde war children.
Rachel and Piper sat down besides Thea again, the redhead sitting at one end of the small chain.

The daughter of Hades could see the other newcomer... Leo! She almost forgot his name for a second. She could see Leo sitting with his siblings under the Hephaestus banner where he seemed to be enjoying himself.

Standing in front of the fire, half a dozen Apollo campers with guitars and lyres were jumping around, leading a song about grandma getting dressed for war, a camp favourite.
Everybody was singing with them and making gestures for the pieces of armour and joking around.

It was Thea's favourite part of the day. Because you know that one of those campfire songs that would've been completely embarrassing in daylight, but in the dark, with everyone participating it was the best thing ever. As the energy level got higher, the flames did, too, turning from red to orange to gold.

Finally the song ended with a lot of rowdy applause.

Chiron trotted up. He brandished a spear impaled with toasted marshmallows.
"Very nice! And a special welcome to our new arrivals. I am Chiron, camp activities director, and I'm happy you have all arrived here alive and with most of your limbs attached. In a moment, I promise we'll get to the s'mores, but first -"