𝔽ø𝕣𝕥𝕚 𝕥𝕠

Chapter forty two

(Yk what? It's almost my birthday

(Yk what? It's almost my birthday. Just a week)

(>(><)<)

Saying Thea hated head-councillor meeting would be a little overdramatic. She didn't hate them, she only intensely disliked them.

Everyone discussing subjects with obvious answers and some arguments across the table.

The only good thing was the snacks, though they didn't appear at all the meetings.

They sat around a ping-pong table, and one of the satyrs was serving nachos and sodas. Thea accepted a Coca-Cola when he got over to her, ignoring the disappointed look Marielle was sending her.

Somebody had brought Seymour the leopard head in from the living room and hung him on the wall. Every once in a while, Marielle would toss him a Snausage.

Thea wasn't sure how the daughter of Ares had managed to get into the meeting, considering Clarisse was there, but she couldn't say she minded. Marielle had sat down on her right, Clarisse on her right, and her quest mates on the other side of the table.

Clarisse had her boots on the table, but nobody seemed to care. Clovis from Hypnos cabin was snoring in the corner while Butch from Iris cabin was seeing how many pencils he could fit in Clovis's nostrils.
Travis Stoll from Hermes was holding a lighter under a ping-pong ball to see if it would burn, and Will Solace from Apollo was absently wrapping and unwrapping a bandage around his wrist.
Thea played with some shadows, making sure to keep them out of Will's sight, and wrapped it around Marielle's hand every time she went to reach for something.

The counsellor from Hecate cabin, Lou Ellen, was playing ' got-your-nose' with Miranda Gardiner from Demeter, except that Lou Ellen really had magically disconnected Miranda's nose and Miranda was trying to get it back.

Rachel sat next to Chiron at the head of the table.
She was wearing her Clarion Academy school uniform dress, which seemed a bit odd and uncomfortable, but she gave Thea a small smile anyway.

Annabeth didn't look so relaxed. She wore armour over her camp clothes, with her knife at her side and her blonde hair pulled back in a ponytail. Thea got away with luck, but when Jason walked in, she fixed him with an expectant look, as if she were trying to extract information out of him by sheer willpower.

"Let's come to order," Chiron said. "Lou Ellen, please give Miranda her nose back. Thea, let Marielle grab her soda. Travis, if you'd kindly extinguish the flaming ping-pong ball and, Butch, I think twenty pencils is really too many for any human nostril. Thank you. Now, as you can see, Jason, Thea, Piper and Leo have returned successfully ... more or less. Some of you have heard parts of their story, but I will let them fill you in."