𝕋𝕣𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕚 𝕖𝕚𝕟

Chapter thirty one

(Y'all remember my music teacher? I need to be nice because I actually need my music grade for my future)

:( :( :(

The plan went wrong almost immediately.

Thea did her best to keep a watch on Piper as the daughter of Aphrodite scrambled along the ridge, trying to keep her head down.

While the two tried to keep undercover and out of the giant's gaze, Leo, Jason, and Coach Hedge walked straight into the clearing.
Jason summoned his golden lance.
He brandished it over his head and yelled,

"Giant!" Which sounded pretty good, and a lot more confident than Thea would've done. She figured her not going to taunt the giant was a good choice.

Enceladus stopped chanting at the flames.
He turned towards the boys (and Satyr) and grinned, revealing fangs like a sabre-toothed tiger's.

Thea watched Piper hurry on her way and stood still in a position where she could easily save both piper and the boys. She didn't quite trust them not to mess anything up.

"Well," the giant rumbled. "What a nice surprise."

Thea silently got her old dagger out. She couldn't quite remember if she'd had that on her the whole time or if that was just Aphrodite, but she was happy that the knife was within reach.
She couldn't have gotten out a sword without bringing the giant's attention towards her and the daughter of Aphrodite who was only trying to save her father.

Coach Hedge was the first to speak up out of the three of them. "Let the movie star go, you big ugly cupcake! Or I'm gonna plant my hoof right up your -"

"Coach," Jason said. "Shut up."

Enceladus roared with laughter. "I've forgotten how funny satyrs are. When we rule the world, I think I'll keep your kind around. You can entertain me while I eat all the other mortals."

"Is that a compliment?" Hedge asked, a frown present on his face. "I don't think that was a compliment."

Sometimes Thea wanted to kick that Satyr in the face and send him down a flight of stairs. This was one of those times.

Enceladus opened his mouth wide, and his teeth began to glow.
Thea had to force herself to not move from her spot. She didn't wanna risk Piper getting hurt because she gave away their spot.

Yet, she had the feeling Enceladus knew exactly where they were and what their plan had been. He was born to oppose the wisdom goddess after all.

The daughter of Hades on the sidelines couldn't see much in the smoke, but she knew one thing: they were okay.
No screams had been hurt and no feeling of death had taken her just yet.