ℕ𝕚

Chapter nine

(Lemons float, but limes sink)

👑👑👑

Thea slept for maybe 15 minutes before waking up again. She did not think she would manage anything else, not so high up in the air.

"You're awake again," Piper noted from behind her.

"Can't sleep," the daughter of Hades admitted. "Sleep is overrated and makes me uncomfortable." This was a lie. Thea loved to sleep, but not by strangers or in the air.

"Ok," Piper said, ending the conversation.

It was silent the rest of the ride, and when they approached their destination Thea decided to wake the latino elf in front of her.

"We're here," she said.

Leo rubbed the sleep out of his tired eyes, but he still seemed tired.

Thea looked down to take in the view.

Below them, a city sat on a cliff overlooking a river. The plains around it were dusted with snow, but the city itself glowed warmly in the winter sunset. Buildings crowded together inside high walls like a mediaeval town. In the centre was an actual castle - at least Thea assumed it was a castle - with massive red brick walls and a square tower with a peaked, green gabled roof.

"Tell me that's Quebec and not Santa's workshop," Leo said.

"Yeah, Quebec City," Piper confirmed. "One of the oldest cities in North America. Founded around sixteen hundred or so?"

"Your dad do a movie about that, too?" Leo asked.

Thea looked at Piper who made a face at the question.
"I read sometimes, okay? Just because Aphrodite claimed me doesn't mean I have to be an airhead."

"Not all Aphrodite kids are airheads, actually, none of them are.
You can't just judge them, they are now your siblings, whether you like it or not," the daughter of Hades spoke up.
She was getting tired of Piper's  constant remarks about her world.

"Feisty!" Leo muttered under his breath. "Well, since you know so much, what's that castle?"

"A hotel, I think," Piper answered.

Leo laughed, seemingly not believing that.

As they got closer, Thea could see that pretty girl had indeed been correct.
The grand entrance was bustling with doormen, valets, and porters taking bags. Sleek black luxury cars idled in the drive.
People in elegant suits and winter cloaks hurried to get out of the cold.

"The North Wind is staying in a hotel?" Repair boy said. "That can't be."

"Heads up, guys," Blondie interrupted,  having  been quiet for a while. "We've got company!"