Wish upon a star ~ Amane (fluff)

Premise

Premise

° "If soulmates do exist, they're not found. They're made. People meet, they get a good feeling, and then they get to work building a relationship." -Michael, The Good Place (Season 4, Episode 9: "The Answer")

2267 words
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amane was never good at explaining his emotions.

He knew he loved his family, even his little brother. He knew one day he was going to be the first person on the moon. And he knew without a shadow of a doubt that he was going to marry you.

Sure, there may have been a tiny little problem since you barely even knew he existed-but that was okay, he'd tell himself. Time was a beautiful thing.

Amane first met you in the astronomers club after school. He knew he was attracted to you because of the warm feeling in his chest and how comfortable he felt in your presence. The heart pounding, sweaty hands, stuttering over his words... all for a girl who barely even knew he existed.
Granted, it's not like you thought better of yourself than him, you were just more interested in your love of space than any sort of future romantic relationship. (Atleast, that's what it seemed like)

So Amane should have just given up, right? Just ignore the little puppy crush he had in hopes it'll go away.
What he couldn't ignore though, was his heart beating faster everytime he saw you, the hairs on his skin standing up when you got closer.

He couldn't talk about this with anyone; no one would understand his feelings. He didn't even understand what he was feeling.
He'd just have to give it time and look for signs of you feeling similar things, and eventually, maybe he'd learn the word to put to this addicting feeling.

_

The night began like any other. Amane had snuck himself into school past hours and climbed up to the rooftop because, believe it or not, it had the best view of the night sky in town.

The door to the rooftop opened and Amane turned quickly, expecting to see a teacher who stayed after late or maybe a security guard. He was pleasantly surprised to see you staring back at him, eyes widening like Amane's presence somehow startled you.

"I am so sorry, I thought the school was empty... I didn't know you-I just thought the roof would be the best spot to..." You fumbled with the binoculars in your hands.

Amane could only take in the sight that was before him, and once he saw how the moonlight was shimmering off you, his words were stolen, leaving him to babble.

"Yeah-no, it's- uh... it's..."
Spit it out, idiot!, he scolded himself.

You smile and suddenly all hope is lost.

Amane could only get those words out before that adorable little look on your face had stolen his vocabulary, had stolen his breath. How dare you; You shouldn't smile like that without warning.