Tamales ~ Twins (fluff)

The premise

The premise

° y/n decides to make her two closest friends a dish that had been passed down in her family for generations.

° However, these rambunctious boys just can't help but cause a ruckus in the kitchen.

1820 words

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I made this a quick chapter only because I know absolutely nothing about Mexican heritage or traditions. So I did not want to embarrass myself or disrespect the race whatsoever.

Either way, I tried to make this as authentic as I possibly could 😅

Y/n sighed to herself as she checked her digital watch for the 10th time in the last thirty minutes. Her nails were anxiously tapping against the wooden cutting board in front of her as the smell of corn husks entered her nostrils.

She had a cooking apron on and her hair was tied back out of her face, which only made since because she was preparing tamales.

Y/n was waiting for the corn husk to soften which was taking longer than she first expected them to.

She had recently found out that Tsukasa and Hanako hadn't ever had a homemade tamale. So, being of mexican decent, y/n had busted out her mother's tamale recipe in the school culinary room.

However, she was getting extremely bored and she had only been there for 30 minutes. she knew tamales would take at least 2 hours to prepare and cook yet she was already mentally exhausted.

If only she had something to keep her awake...

Just as the thought rang through her mind, the door bursted open ferociously, almost surprising her that it didn't fall off the hinges.

In came Tsukasa and Hanako. Hanako had fell onto his chest as the door opened and was now laying on the ground with his younger brother on top of him.

It seemed as if they just ran through the door while trying to phase through, only to be hit by it instead.

Y/n giggled at the thought.

As the boy's rose to their feet, the timer for the corn husks went off and y/n felt a wave of euphoria run over her.

She grabbed a pair of tongs and proceeded to remove each casing from the water, placing them on a dry sheet next to the pot.

"Whatcha doin?" Tsukasa asked, situating himself on the kitchen counter as his brother stood nearby.

"Making homemade Tamales" she responded with a smile.

Y/n reached down to grab her dough ingredients and measuring cups.