Clingy ~ Tsukasa (fluff)

The premise

The premise

° Sometimes Tsukasa can be a little... clingy.

2233 words

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Tsukasa was alive he wasn't allowed to cook. Anything requiring more skill than a two minute microwavable snack was deemed too dangerous for a boy. That virtue was not something lost in death. Because still, anyone with a working brain and a beating heart (the former being optional) knew Tsukasa was at his best when he wasn't in possession of fire or knifes.

Which is exactly why Sakura found it weird that Tsukasa was, not only using the culinary club's kitchen after school, but managing to not burn it down in the process.

When Sakura first walked into the room Tsukasa froze. His eyes darted between the bacon in the pan and Sakura, as if an explanation (or an excuse) was on the tip of his tongue. His mouth bobbed as he came eye to eye with Sakura while sporting the most sheepish-looking expression she'd ever seen on him.

Sakura blinked. Tsukasa blinked–and without breaking their stare, flipped the few pieces of bacon in the pan.

Sakura's brow quirked. "Hungry?"

A pause. His eyes darted around as if his surroundings would offer a convincing explanation. "Uh, yeah. Yep. So hungry"

Said the boy who, quite literally, didn't need to eat.

Sakura glanced around the room for the mystery cook, simply not believing that Tsukasa was the one behind such a heavenly smell. There was a glass of steeping tea , bacon on the griddle, pancakes finished on a plate, and un-cracked eggs which she could only assume would end up scrambled next to all of it.

If Tsukasa would stop glancing back to the door like it was a damn jack-in-the-box, she actually might actually have believed his claim of hunger.

It was early before school, early enough that only the janitors and the occasional early bird teacher were walking the halls. The only students around were herself, Natsuhiko, and you.
The food obviously wasn't for Tsukasa himself, he didn't like Natsuhiko, and Sakura truly doubted the ghost boy wanted to give the adults an early morning breakfast.

"I see" her arms crossed, leaning a hip against the counter to watch such dangerous apparition scurry around the kitchen like a little house chef.
Something was up; she knew that right away. Embryonic fragments of an explanation began forming in her mind. "You're never this productive so early in the morning. What changed?"

The boy shrugged "just a different sort'a morning I guess…"

Sakura's stare was fixed on him and the way he took the bacon out of the pan with his bare hands because he accidentally dropped the tongs on the floor earlier and didn't want to clean them, only to whine under his breath about the hot bacon grease on his fingers.