Babysitting ~ Amane (fluff)

Premise

Premise

° All Amane had to do was keep a four year old alive for five hours. How hard could it be?

5786 words

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amane wasn't a professional babysitter. Infact, he wasn't even a babysitter in the first place (unless watching over Tsukasa so he doesn't burn the house down counts.) So in retrospect, he wasn't sure why he took this job.

I mean, what could a twelve year old do with thirty dollars anyway? Buy a bunch a candy? Get that cat he'd always wanted? Or...or maybe buy his own toys so he wouldn't have to share with his brother anymore?

...

Okay, he'll admit, there was a lot a twelve year old could do with thirty dollars.
And hey, babysitting couldn't be that hard. Don't little kids mostly just sleep all day anyway?

Amane knocked on the door in front of him. He didn't know the family personally but they lived in the same neighborhood as him. Their house was only a five minute walk from his own.

The door opened to a tall woman dressed in heels and a nice dress. With her hair down, makeup done, and jewelry on, she looked like she had somewhere important to be.
Her face was once a panicked before she saw Amane then relief flushed over her features.

"Oh, you must be Amane!"

Amane smiled and extended a hand out for a handshake which she took greedily with both of hers. She shook his hand so graciously that it was almost forceful. Tight grip and such a big up-and-down movement that his entire arm followed suit.

"Honey! The babysitter's here!" She called out behind her before side stepping out of the entry way.
"Please please come in"

Amane didn't even get a chance to say hello since the woman spoke so fast. The entire interaction lasted about ten seconds before he was stepping inside and over a building block that was in the walkway.

The fourier opened up into the living room where a man, who Amane can only assume was the father, was sitting on the couch. He was also dressed in nice clothing. A blazer, slacks, and a nice button down.

"Please excuse the mess, dear. It's not often we can get her to pick up after herself" the woman apologized and picked up a frilly sock from the floor.

Colorful toys and games were scattered across the floor. A rainbow of crayons, markers, and coloring books adorns the coffee table.

Cushions are haphazardly rearranged, forming a makeshift fortress in one corner. A piece of paper taped to the front of it reads 'stay out' in shaky crayon. A few stuffed animals sat in front, most likely serving as guards.

Sticky little fingerprints could be seen on pretty much every surface if he looked hard enough.

"I don't mind ma'am" Amane responded softly.