Chapter 70

I feel like I've said this a million times, but I'm so grateful for the reads. Sometimes I feel like my story is terrible (especially when I don't have inspiration), but I'll try my very best to write a wholesome story and longer chapters. Just asking because I've seen many authors do this, but do you guys want like a Q and A? Just an idea...vote in the comments. If you're too lazy to comment, that's fine, because sometimes I'm too lazy to add the story to my library, even if I really want to read it. 

Yandere hashira chapter coming up. I can't believe the 2K reads.

Back to the story 

(^///^)

"WOOHOO! IT"S NEW YEAR'S EVE!" Y/N yelled, throwing her hands up.

"Why are you so excited?" Shinobu asked, her brow raised. She was trying (note, trying) to concentrate, but Y/N's constant screaming kept breaking her focus. Sighing, she set her homework aside, deciding to work on it later. She would never finish it if Y/N was beside her.

"Um...I'm excited because...? Well, that doesn't matter. Let's do a countdown today! While training! I'll bring a watch!" Y/N exclaimed. 

"Yes, yes! That would be fun!" Mitsuri replied enthusiastically.

"Isn't that kind of dangerous?" Shinobu asked.

"Huh? But why? You hang out at the mountain every night!" Y/N seemed confused. Shinobu sighed yet again and shook her head.

"Don't you read the news? Demon attacks seem to be increasing, and they're getting closer to Hogwarts," Shinobu lowered her voice down to a whisper.

"We'll be able to fend them off!" Y/N replied confidently.

"What if it's one of the Kizuki?" Mitsuri questioned worriedly.

"What's that...?"

"There are twelve demons in the Kizuki, and they're divided into upper and lower ranks. They're like, the top of the demons, and serve directly under Kibutsuji," Shinobu explained," only a Hashira's able to fight a lower rank, and if we meet an upper rank, we're dead."

"Honestly, I think we should ask Dumbledore. The other teachers don't know about the existence of demons or don't believe in them. The attacks Shinobu mentioned, they're being investigated, and the Ministry doesn't believe in demons either," Mitsuri reasoned.

Y/N went silent at the thought. 

"Then...should we practise in the courtyard instead? Just for now. I don't think demons will be able to enter Hogwarts...right?" 

"I really hope so. If they do, not just the students, the whole school is in danger."

They informed Kyojuro and Muichiro about the change of location. In the dead of the night, they snuck down to the courtyard again.

"I like training in the mountains more." That was what Muichiro said as soon as he had arrived.

In a way, that was true. The courtyard, although quite large, was visibly smaller than the mountains, and the had to put in extra effort to silence the noises that arose from their training.

Halfway into their training, near midnight, Y/N frowned.

"Y/N? You okay? Are you tired?" Kyojuro asked.

"No, I'm fine. It's just that I feel another presence...but it's not really human. I can't really guess what it is...it's so odd...like an animal or a magical creature, but not exactly."

Could it be...?

"Hm? That's weird. Is it close?"

"Somewhere near the school gates..."

"Maybe you're just sleepy? You can rest for a while," Kyojuro suggested.

"It's not just Y/N. I feel it too," Muichiro stated. He had put down his sword and was closing his eyes in an attempt to pinpoint the feeling. Suddenly, he opened his eyes. 

They were wide and full of suppressed fear.

"It's a demon."

They heard a crash near the entrance, signaling its arrival.