Special Chapter 2

Shinobu insisted on accompanying Y/N to buy necessities from the village.

"I can't have you falling down again. You're so clumsy."

"Haha, that's true...but thanks for the company!" Y/N exclaimed, holding a bag of vegetables.

"Don't your parents come with you? It's kind of dangerous," Shinobu said.

"Oh, um...my parents...they died from illness, so I live alone." Y/N fidgeted nervously, twiddling her thumbs.

"Sorry, I didn't know."

"Nah, it's fine. I've gotten over it."

They continued the walk in silence.

I need to ask her if she wants to work at Butterfly Mansion! She must be lonely living by herself...Shinobu thought. Her childhood memories flashed through her mind.

She remembered the horror she felt when she saw her parents' bodies, the demon's ugly, sneering face...

The next memory was at Kanae's funeral...

"Helloooo! Earth to Shinobu!!!!" Y/N exclaimed dramatically, waving her arms for added effect. Shinobu snapped out of her trance.

"What's going on? You okay?" Y/N asked, tilting her head.

So cute...Shinobu thought.

"No...actually, yes...I just thought that...you know, I work in a hospital of sorts, and since you're lonely living here all by yourself...maybe you'd want to come with me? There are other girls too, and you'll get to meet good friends."

Of course, Shinobu was lying through her teeth. She wanted Y/N for herself, but she couldn't say that out loud.

Y/N's face brightened up after hearing Shinobu's idea, but was then replaced by an expression of guilt and sadness.

"But...I've lived here since I was little...I don't want to just leave like that. I really like the townspeople too, they're always so kind to me. It's really lonely up here though, with no one to talk to..." Y/N's voice trailed away. She was hesitant about joining Shinobu.

"You can come back here occasionally to visit, you know. I won't stop you," Shinobu suggested, smiling.

Y/N seemed to like the idea. Well, it would be nice to have company...Y/N thought.

"Okay. Give me a few minutes to pack my stuff," she replied.

"Yay! I'll go with you," Shinobu offered. She just wanted to see Y/N's room.

--

"Wow! So this is Butterfly Mansion!"