Chapter 31

Although Y/N wanted to lie longer, she got hungry and decided to head down for lunch. Lazily, she made her way down to the Great Hall. On the way, she thought about what she would do later, since she had the afternoon free (this wasn't exactly true, as McGonagall had given a load of homework).

"Ow!"

Y/N was so busy thinking that she wasn't paying attention to where she was going. 

"Hey! Watch where you're going!" a familiar voice snarled. Y/N looked up and groaned. It was Draco.

"You again? Well, I've got nothing to say to you, so bye," Y/N said shortly as she picked herself up.

"Hmph!" Draco hmphed, and stalked off, his nose in the air.

Y/N snickered to herself and continued on her way.

"Hi, Y/N! You're late!" Kyojuro said.

"Huh? Can someone be late for lunch?" Y/N asked.

"Lunchtime is precious! It should not be wasted!" Kyojuro declared, and continued stuffing his face. Mitsuri laughed.

"It's fine if I sit here, I think. I mean, students from other houses can sit with their friends, right?" she said, noticing the curious expression on Y/N's face.

"Of course! If they're gonna complain, I'll...I don't know...whip their butts or something!" Y/N replied confidently, pretending to slap someone's butt.

"Please don't."

"Anyway, what are you gonna do this afternoon?" Y/N asked as she chewed on a potato

"Anyway, what are you gonna do this afternoon?" Y/N asked as she chewed on a potato. Mitsuri shrugged.

"I don't really know, maybe finishing homework?" Mitsuri answered, "but is that too boring?"

"Yeah, it is. I wanna go train!"

"We can't do that in broad daylight, though," Kyojuro reminded.

"But can we do exercises or go running? After using Sun Breathing last night, I got a headache and muscle cramps."

"Oh dear, you should've told us!" Mitsuri said, worried.

"Nah, I'm fine. I just wanna do it properly! Oh yeah, did the Master reply you?"

"Not yet. Owls will take a long time to deliver the letter. Japan's really far."

A wave of disappointment hit Y/N. She wanted a katana of her own. Mitsuri noticed her disappointment.

"We can go running around the lake! I need to train my stamina too."

"Yeah! How many rounds?" Kyojuro asked, excited.

"Maybe two?"

"Two only?" Kyojuro said.

"How much do you want? We still need energy for training!" Y/N exclaimed.

"But two rounds really is kind of short..." Mitsuri quipped.

"What?! Are you two monsters or something?!"

Y/N thought she exercised a lot, but these two were above her level.

"It's okay! Stamina needs to be built up, after all!" Mitsuri consoled her.