Special Chapter 3

The Butterfly Mansion was basically...a humongous, gigantic, way oversized...house. Inside, it was quite empty, with only a few people with masks running around here and there, carrying bottles of medicine or bandages. Shinobu told Y/N that they were the Kakushi, kind of like helpers around the place.

"Wow...It sure is spacious in here," Y/N breathed. It wasn't only spacious, it was clean too.

"I'll show you your room." Shinobu led Y/N through halls and staircases, past the kitchen, and who knew how many toilets...

"My room is right next to yours. If you need anything, just inform me."

"Thanks. So...what do I do here?" Y/N asked, rubbing her hands together. Shinobu had barely opened her mouth when a blue-haired girl stopped by.

"Shinobu-san, the slayer in room number three is refusing to take his medicine, no matter what I say. Got any ideas?"

The girl didn't even notice Y/N staring at her.

"Who are you?" the girl seemed surprised when she finally noticed Y/N.

"Ummm...I'm Y/N...Shinobu asked me if I'd like to work here...so...here I am!" Y/N replied, albeit a little too loudly.

The girl looked like she was about to cringe, but kept a straight face.

"I'm Aoi. I work here as well. Would you like me to show you around?" Aoi asked crisply.

Y/N glanced at Shinobu for approval. With a great effort, the purple-haired girl agreed.

--- After the showing-around

"Aoi-san!!"Three girls bounded up and greeted Aoi. Y/N realized that they were triplets. Extremely cute ones.

"Kyaa! So adorable!" Y/N squealed, cupping her cheeks.

"Aoi-san...She isn't a slayer, is she?" they asked in unison.

"She's new here. Shinobu-san hired her," Aoi replied.

"Nice to meet you!" Y/N exclaimed. 

"Nice to meet you too!" the triplets chorused.

"I'm Sumi!"

"I'm Naho!"

"I'm Kiyo!"

"Are they your siblings?" Y/N asked Aoi after they left.

"No. They're adopted," Aoi replied curtly.

"Oh..."

"Okay, you can follow me around for the week, to see the details and everything. You'll be able to help out with the training or procure medicines after we see what you're good at."

"Okay!" Y/N replied enthusiastically. She started her new life at Butterfly Mansion.