Chapter 40

As soon as they were out of earshot, Draco and his goons burst out in laughter.

"Did you see his face, the great lump?"

The other Slytherins joined in.

"Shut up, Malfoy," snapped Parvati Patil, one of the girls that shared the dormitory with Y/N.

"Ooh, sticking up for Longbottom?" said Pansy Parkinson, a hard-faced Slytherin girl. She constantly hung around Draco. Personally, Y/N thought she bore a strong resemblance to a pug. She had to control herself from tying a leash around her neck, because she looked and acted so much like a dog.

"Look!" Draco darted forward and snatched something from the grass. "It's that stupid thing Longbottom's gran sent him."

Y/N glanced at the object in Draco's hand. It was a Remembrall. Y/N had seen it before, but she had never needed it. She always had excellent memory.

Although it wasn't hers, she felt a pang of sympathy for Neville. Draco was probably going to break it or something. She decided that she had seen enough of Draco's stupidity.

"Give that here, Draco," she heard herself say.

Draco smiled nastily. Y/N stood her ground.

"I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find...how about...up a tree?" he suggested, an ugly sneer on his face.

"Stop being stupid and give it here!" Harry yelled, leaping on his broom. Draco had already kicked off and was now hovering in the air.

Y/N, James and Sirius grabbed their brooms.

"No! Y/N! You'll get us all in trouble!" Hermione cried. Y/N ignored her and kicked off, along with James and Sirius.

They surrounded Draco. He was now looking a little anxious, and Y/N noticed his hands that were holding the Remembrall were a little shaky.