Chapter 5 Storm

The pet shop was dark and noisy. It smelled bad too. Y/N pinched her nose as she made her way through cages containing parrots that could sing and cats that could speak.

"An owl would be useful," her mother remarked.

"Mother! I want this!" Sirius called, pointing to a parrot that could make all sorts of noises.

"No, Sirius. You're only allowed an owl, a cat or a toad," Mother replied sternly.

"What?! No! I want this!" Sirius yelled. He was about to throw a tantrum when Regulus sent one of his signature glares at him. He fell silent, and Y/N tried not to laugh.

"Hoot!"

Y/N heard an owl among the many animal cries and squawks. She'd always had sharp ears, and immediately looked towards where the sound came from. There perched a beautiful steel-grey owl with caramel-colored eyes looking intently at her. She stared back at it.

Y/N approached the owl cautiously. It tilted its head. She stretched out a hand to stroke the owl, which suddenly flapped its wings, making her flinch.

However, it wasn't about to attack her. It simply flew and perched on Y/N's shoulder.

"WOW!!! Sis, how'd you do that?!" Sirius asked, and added, "Mother, I want an owl too."

Mother sighed at Sirius' short attention span, while Regulus only rolled his eyes.

Soon, Sirius came back with a pitch-black owl. It glared at Y/N, and she shuddered.

Mother paid for the two owls, and they exited the pet shop. Y/ N decided that she was going to name the owl Storm.

"What a coincidence to meet you here, Mr. Black," a familiar voice greeted.

Oh no, Y/N thought. It's the Malfoys!