Ron snorted before realizing his mistake. Draco snapped his head to him. "Think my names funny, do you? Not need to ask you yours. Red hair and a hand-me-down robe? You must be a Weasley."

Draco turned back to Harry. "You'll soon find out that some wizard it families are better than others, Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort." Draco eyed Ron as he spoke.

Harry around knew he didn't like Draco and his attitude. "I can help you there." The boy extended his hand for Harry to shake.

Harry gave the hand a single glance. "I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks." Draco frowned upon his words when he was tapped on his shoulder by the Professor.

"We're ready for you now. Follow me."

𖤐↯☆★↯𖤐

It was nothing like Rosalyn would have imagined, it was absolutely beautiful, something that would take your breath away, the candle lights floating above their heads, she looked around the long tables, representing each house.

"It's not real, the ceiling." Hermione spoke from beside her. "It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts. A history." Rosalyn listened and didn't say anything back.

They came to a stop, before them all sat a hat, a rather old one in fact, Rosalyn looked around the large table surrounding the hat, noticing some familiar faces. "Alright, will you wait along here, please? Now, before we begin'. Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words."

The long haired bearded man stood up. "I have a few start to term notices, I wish to announce. The first years, please note, that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Flich, had asked me to remind you that the third floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you."

Rosalyn teared her gaze from Dumbledore to Professor McGonagall, this was the moment that would declare the next seven years of her life at Hogwarts. "Now, when I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head... and you will be sorted into your houses."

"Hermione Granger."

Hermione sighs at her name, Rosalyn watched her nervously mumble to herself, stepping up to the hat and sat down on the stool. "Mental, that one. I'm telling you." Ron whispered to Harry, Rosalyn shook her head at his words.

"Ah, right then. Mmm, right. Okay, Gryffindor!"

The Gryffindor table irrupt it in excitement, clapping their hands together at their first, first year. Hermione smiled hoping off and joined the table. "Draco Malfoy."

The boy walked up and sat and the hate barley touched his head when it shouted. "Slytherin!" Draco grins, stepping down.

"There's not a witch or wizard who went bad who wasn't in Slytherin." Ron estimated watching the boy disappeared through the crowd.

"Susan Bones."

A redhead girl exhaled, slowly walking up to the seat. "Where should I put you? Let's see... I know. Hufflepuff!" The girl smiled softly running to the table.