𝙲𝚑. 𝟺𝟻: 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚎𝚍

(TW: Mentions of Suicide)

I was released from the hospital not long after that. My body and mind were so weak though, that I was put in a wheelchair for about a month. Sakura and her mother, Akemi, welcome me with open arms. They allowed me to live with them in their small apartment. Apart of me felt bad, but my father kept the end of his deal.

"Hey. Have you taken your meds at all today?"

We were eating lunch in the cafeteria, sitting at our own table in the corner. I shook my head at her question, earning a groan from her.

"The doctor said—"

"Twice everyday I know...", I repeated the same words she always spoke to me.

To Sakura, you were a withering flower. When she first met you last year, she thought you were super cool, and was drawn by your natural kind aura. But now, you had slowly began to decay, showing no signs of life as you picked at your food.

"Hey. How about we cook your favorite tonight, huh? How's that sound?", Sakura tried to lighten the mood.

You nod your head, "Sure... whatever...", you pick harder at your food.

"Look at glass leg Chigiri over there. What a loser, right brother?"
"Hm!"

Those excruciating voices came up again, the Wanima brothers. They sat at the table behind you, making fun of Chigiri from afar. Sakura rolled her eyes at their behavior. She knew of the Wanima's all too well. She had heard about them from you and about how much you hated them.

"We should go over there and—"
"Don't you dare"

Sakura nearly choked on her food when she saw how effortlessly you had stood up out of your wheelchair. She felt intimidated when she saw your eyes, they looked so scary. The color had come back to them, but their natural beam was gone. It was almost like there was a fire in your eyes. You carefully walked over to the two brothers, grabbing each of their shoulders.

"If you so much as breathe in his direction, I will hunt you down. And when I do, I'll break both your legs so you can can experience his pain... Do I make myself clear?"

The Wanima's could only nod their head in response to your threat. You smiled aggressively, squeezing both of their shoulders and walking back to your lunch table.

"Y—Y/n... you stood up", Sakura looked amazed.

You hummed in response, finally taking a bite from your food, "Huh?... I did huh..."

Sakura glanced from you, over to Chigiri, who was eating his own lunch. Her blood boiled at the sight of him, but she quickly remembered what happened just now, and calmed herself.

That idiot of a man hurt her... And yet... she quite literally stood up for him, after not being able to do so for a month... I give you my thanks, Chigiri Hyoma..., Sakura thought to herself as she continued eating her meal.

"Y/n you're able to walk again! That's wonderful!", Sakura's mom congratulated you.

You had walked into the house, giving her a weak smile, "Thank you m'am"

As the three of you ate, Akemi brought up a question, "Are your psychotherapy sessions working out Y/n?"

You nod your head briefly, "A little... I'm able to not feel dizzy whenever it happens now, so that's an upgrade I guess"

Sakura smiles, giving you a light smack on the back, "Atta girl! I know you'll feel better in no time"

You nod your head, excusing yourself from the table to do homework. Sakura helps her mother with the dishes, where her mother sparks an uncomfortable conversation.