𝙲𝚑. 𝟷𝟾: 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝙳𝚘

Nagi, Isagi, and Y/n all sat together in the waiting room of the second stage. Nagi looked around, and awkward tension in the air.

"So then, what's our next move? There's a break room over there if-"
"We don't have time for that"

Isagi grit his teeth in fear and frustration. He was clearly the most upset by their lost against Rin's team, and you and Nagi couldn't really say anything to him.

"During that match, I stood no chance against those guys-"

Y/n frowns and speaks up, "What are you talking about? You scored a goal-"

"Yeah, that was a team effort... the truth is, by myself, I'm weak... I wasn't able to create a chemical reaction with Bachira or Nagi, and that's all that matter right now..."

Y/n watched Isagi's broken down figure speak in such a fragile voice. She'd never seen him like this, it was quite scary to be honest... Just looking at him, scared and on the verge of tears, it reminded her of someone...

"Don't you get it? If we lose the next one, we're done... I'm done... If I were on the opposite team, I wouldn't pick me either" Isagi almost chokes on his words, his voice cracking.

Nagi's eyes widen, those black-inked spirals clouding his vision once more as he grabs Isagi by the hair, making him look up at the pale boy, "I don't need this from you. Wanna know why I teamed up with you? Cuz I thought it'd make me a better player, not to be a shoulder for you to cry on, so get a grip... You wouldn't catch Reo acting like this"

You had been standing there, watching them argue this whole time. But something about what Nagi said, made something inside you break.

"Hey, Nagi... you shouldn't say stuff like that... comparing people that is...", I look at him with a sharp glare, that cold aura arising within me once more.

Before Nagi can say anything, Isagi grabs Nagi by the collar, "Then go back to your precious Reo! It's not like you can do much without him anyways! You're useless without him!"

Your glare goes to Isagi instead, "Isagi watch it. Don't-"

"Well you're nothing without your sidekick Bachira either-"

Seriously?! Please tell me these two can get along.... It's like watching two kids throw insults at each other...

You look down at your notes, looking at the little doodles you have for the players, with the information you wrote down for them as well. As you flip through the pages, an idea comes to mind.

"Hey you two stop talking for a second..."

The boys stop their small bickering, looking to you with curious expressions. You hold your notebook up and flip through the pages you have.

"This second selection... what if when Ego said make zero into one hundred, he referred to a single player?"

Isagi looks a bit confused, but Nagi seems to catch your drift, nodding in agreement, "I was thinking the same thing actually.. I don't know a whole lot about soccer... but think about it. Our teams are smaller this time around, so the skills of one person makes a whole difference"

I nod my head, "Exactly. So while you are working kind of as a team, this whole selection is more so focused on your personal skills rather than a group effort"

Isagi groans, before he chuckles lightly, "Wow, even you two seem to have a chemical reaction..."

Nagi looks at you with the same lax expression as always, "Yeah... hey... going back to what your brother said-"

"No... it's okay... you don't need to say anything...", a sigh escapes my lips.

Nagi sighs, rubbing the back of his neck, "For what it's worth, you're definitely not bottom of the barrel, I mean, that's why I wanted you as my manager in the first place"