𝙲𝚑. 𝟸𝟸: 𝙱𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝙵𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚊𝚜𝚝

"Managers, please scan your fingerprint"

You and Ota both wear your manager suits, notebook in hand, and determined looks on your faces. Both your players stand behind you as you guys scan your fingerprints. The doodles appear on screen, before confirming the match, the doors sliding open.

As you walk down the dark hallways, you speak up, "Okay you three... I don't really know what to say to you guys but—"

"Shut up runt. We don't need your encouragement, and I sure as hell don't need these two", Barou trudges forward, pushing past Nagi and Isagi.

You want nothing more than to see Barou on the ground with a mouthful of dirt, but you take a deep breath, relaxing yourself. You've been having a dilemma this whole time.

I'm worried.... for Nagi and Isagi... I could care less about Barou, but I really want those two to press forward.. But at the same time...

As you stepped onto the field behind your players, your eyes wander to your red-head friend. He's stretching his limbs out, staring blankly at Ota as he gives them the rundown on their plan. You feel the intensity in your eyes die down, curving down into a soft stare. The grip on your notebook tightened, your voice getting caught in your throat.

Chigiri... I want him... to move on as well. If we win, we might pick him, but... would they... also get rid of me? Would they trade me for Ota? Have I been of any help to them? Do my plans actually work for them? Am I... needed? Am I... wanted-

"Y/n?"

Isagi's voice snaps me out of it, a firm grip on my shoulder as he stands before me. He grins at me, giving my shoulder a reassuring squeeze.

"Don't worry... we've got this"

"I... It's not that, I just....", my words come out weak.

Before Isagi can ask me anything else, Barou shouts for him to get his ass on the field, stopping you two from talking any further. Unbeknownst to you, Chigiri was keeping a watchful eye on you. Upon seeing Isagi touch your shoulder like that, a small "tch" escaped his lips.

Kunigami grins, smacking Chigiri's back, "Don't worry man. We'll get her for you"

Chigiri blushes and pushes Kunigami away, "D-Don't say it like that! And I'm not getting her for me... I want her for all of us-"

"But mainly for you, right?" Reo butted into the conversation, raising an eyebrow at Chigiri.

"Anyways...", he speaks through gritted teeth, "Y/n would be a better manager than that guy... At least she shows more passion into what she's doing"

Kunigami nods in agreement, "That's true. Every time that Ota guy talks, I feel like I'm gonna fall asleep"

"I have to—We have to get Y/n..." Chigiri catches himself on his wording.

Kunigami smirks, nudging Chigiri playfully by the shoulder, "Sure, whatever you say man..."

The boys got on their position on the field, while you and Ota remained on the sidelines. You were already drawing and writing in Chigiri's team formation, and possible tactics they'd be using.

"So Y/n... you're an Itoshi?"

Ota and scooted over closer to you on the bench, raising an eyebrow, a curious expression on his face. You decided to ignore him, hoping he'd take the hint and back off. The whistle blew and the game started up. Suddenly, a hand wrapped around yours, your eyes widening at the feeling. Ota had grabbed your hand, a smirk on his face.

"You're not ignoring me, are you?"

A scoff escaped your lips, "I thought it was obvious. I mean, you all saw my last name", you pulled your hand out of his.