𝙲𝚑. 𝟾: 𝚂𝚙𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚊𝚕 𝙰𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜

The game was starting to turn around, finally! Gagamaru almost scored a point, resulting in a corner kick for your team. You never noticed it before, but Gagamaru sure was incredible. His fast reflexes and long reach made him an incredibly versatile forward. As you watched the field, the boy known as Nikko has made his way towards the center field. You couldn't quite place it, but something about him rubbed you the wrong way.

"Are you catching on?"
"Huh?"

Riku, the manager for Team Y, was giving you the side-eye. He had been writing something on his tablet, before turning to you with a sultry smile.

"Niko... he's the true heart of Team Y... and you guys couldn't see it..." a laugh escaped his lips.

Your eyes widened, knowing that your hunch was right all along. But there was nothing you could do about it. You couldn't do anything to help the boys, but hope that they could figure it out for themselves.

"Oh crap! We left the center field wide open!"
"Guys... don't let it end here..."

Isagi seemed to be the only other person to realize what was happening, cuz not a second later, he broke formation. The ball hit his chest, ushering him to run forward and back towards the goal.

You let out a happy gasp, "Isagi... way to go...", you whispered to yourself.

The not so talentless boy rushed forward, making his shot, but was sadly blocked by Niko, luckily, someone else jumped in and-

GOAL!!

Big white letters popped on the screen, the scoreboard changing 1-1. Gagamaru laid breathless on the ground, scoring a point for the team. You quickly ran over there, seeing if there was any damage to be fixed.

"Gagamaru! You alright?" you alongside Kuon helped him to his feet.

He nodded, wiping the blood that trickled down his nose off his face, "Yeah... We just need one more to win... The comeback is real!"

You giggled, lightly tapping his chest with your fist, "I'm sure with your skills you could pull it off... Good luck you guys"

As you walked back to the bench, you saw Isagi and Niko having almost what looked to be a stand off. You couldn't be more sure of Isagi's talent now...

He can read the field, effortlessly. That's your talent, Yoichi Isagi... That's some spatial awareness you've got there...

There was a close call, but Team Z quickly took over, specifically, Isagi. He passed the ball over To Kunigami, who in turned passed to Bachira, and finally...

Riku looked to you with a worried, but snarky expression, "Heh... looks like number 6 missed-"

"No... that pass wasn't meant for Gagamaru. In fact..."

The ball landed right at Yoichi Isagi's feet, the swirls of black ink clouding his normally blue ones. One good kick, and it was over. The score changed from 2-1, and Team Z was victorious.

....

....

"Hell.... YEAHH!"

The army of boys screamed at the top of their lungs, some high-fiving each other, others celebrating by themselves. You couldn't help but feel a little bad for the other team, seeing how utterly defeated they looked. You looked to Riku, who was just about ready to cry.

"Hey uhh-"

"Miss Manager we won!"
"Eh?! Wait Bachira!"

Bachira ran over to you, putting you on his shoulders and running back to the field. You grabbed the sides of his head, trembling with excitement from the match, and the fear of toppling off of him.