𝙲𝚑. 𝟹: 𝙰𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚂𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚍𝚞𝚕𝚎

Y/n made a small "eh" noise, confused on what Isagi was talking about. Isagi's eyes returned to normal though, his blank face returning.

"By the way, are you going to eat dinner?"

What... what just happened?! Why did he look like that? Scratch that, what did he mean by that?

"Uhm, yeah?"
"Wanna join me?"

And here you were, walking alongside Isagi, who acted as if he didn't say something rather odd not too long ago. You were picking at your shoulder, more so, the weird label thing on it. It read '25' a number you now hated.

"You don't act like a 25"

Isagi broke the comfortable silence that had fallen between you two. It was strange, since you assumed him to be more on the quiet side, but here he was, being the first to approach you.

You laughed at his comment, "Oh? Why do you say that?"

He pointed at your eyes, then at his own, "Your eyes. You used them on the Ego guy earlier, twice in fact-"

"Wait hold on, twice?"

He scratched the side of his head, avoiding eye contact with me, "Oh uh... Me and Bachira sort of eavesdropped on you earlier. We saw you talking to him on your tablet and saw your eyes go slim and null"

You rolled those said eyes, before giving him a sly smile, "I'll let it slide just this once~ But what exactly does my eyes have to do with my low position of twenty-five?"

"Those eyes of yours.. I don't know how to say it, but I guess the best way to describe it is that they look... familiar?"

A small bead of sweat began to form on your temple, your mouth going dry, and your heart rate increasing. Does he know?

He mimicked your eyes, slimming them down then pointing a a finger slightly angled at the ground, "You look kind of like this when it happens"

"PFFT!", you slapped a hand over your mouth to prevent yourself from laughing.

"Anyways, you had those same slim eyes while you were working just now. I was watching you, and you seemed really focused. Did you figure out some of the other guys' talents?" his tone of voice was almost convicting.

"Uhhh kind of? I just noticed a lot of things in your guys' play style..."

You two finally reached the dining hall, which was occupied by many other teams. Isagi pointed at a table not too far from the door, where Bachira sat and was waiting for him.

"So uhh- Why did you invite me to come eat with you guys?" you picked up a tray.

Isagi walked in front of you scanning his shoulder on some strange device, "I don't mean to sound rude, but it was more Bachira's idea than mine"

A weird 'blip' noise was made, and a screen lit up with his name, rank, and a silly little cartoon character of him. Some natto was dispensed from it, making him cringe at the sight of it.

Wait... it showed his full name?

Panic. You watched Isagi pick the natto up and place it on his tray, moving to the side so you could have a go at it.

I have to think of something, quickly!

As you went to scan your shoulder, you made sure no one was behind you to see your name.

Okay, go time!

"Whoa!"

You tripped yourself on your own foot, causing you to start falling forward. As expected, Isagi's full attention was on you, to make sure you wouldn't fall. He caught your arm with his right hand, tightening his grip so you could get back up on your feet.