𝙲𝚑. 𝟹𝟿: 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜

"What do you mean Sae picked Shidou to play with him?"

Ego fixes his glasses, holding up his clipboard once again, "It's exactly how it sounds. Sae Itoshi wanted Ryusei Shidou to play with him on the U-20 team"

Hearing that made your insides turn, and you wanted to throw up. The thought of seeing Sae again after all this time made you sick.

"Enough of that though, let me explain the process of how we'll do this... Anri, if you will please"

Anri nodded handing you some type of tablet. Upon seeing your face, the tablet unlocked, displaying all the players of Blue Lock. There was another tab open that prompted you to click it. That tab had a soccer field displayed on it, as well as the doodles of 5/6 top players in Blue Lock.

"As you can see, I already decided that those five will be participating in the match. You and I will pick the last six. The way I'm forming this team is around Rin Itoshi. Since he has the highest goal rate, and that's a striker's whole purpose, we're going to be focusing on that when making this team. The purpose of the other players is to give Rin the 'ammo' he needs to win the match, do I make myself clear?"

You nodded, clicking through the players of Blue Lock to see their stats, "So how are we picking them then? Are we going to discuss it or-"

"No no, there will be none of that. You see, I'll be picking three, and you'll be picking the other three. To make sure we don't pick the same people though, we'll each pick six potential candidates. In six hours, we'll meet back up so each of us can pick three of our six candidates, do I make myself clear?", Ego glared at you through the monitor.

For some reason, this was the first time you were actually terrified of him. Well, not really him, but the situation had dawned on you. You managed to nod your head though, prompting the monitor to turn off and letting you finally catch your breath.

Anri chuckled and rubbed your shoulder, "You alright there sweetie? I know he can be a little intimidating"

I scoffed, "Ugly is more like it...", you look up at Anri, your eyes glistening, "Oh wow. I haven't seen a girl in ages. It's been too long! I thought all I was gonna see was men for the rest of my life", your groan in relief.

Anri smiles, "Thank goodness for that huh? C'mon now, let's get you to your room. You have a team to build after all"

Your mind begins to race again as you walk, your nerves acting up. You have to help build a team that's good enough to defeat the U-20 team. Was that even possible? There you were second-guessing yourself again...

"Hey sweetheart, you okay?"

Anri snapped you out of it, her face carrying concern as she walked you to your room. You wanted so badly to say yes, but you knew your face said it all. You were scared. What if you made a mistake? What if Ego ridiculed your choices? What if-

"You'll be fine, I'm sure of it", Anri spoke up, like she was reading your thoughts.

You only gave a shaky smile, nodding your head, "I-I'd like to believe that"

Anri and you arrived at your room, where she explained that she had to keep guard in front of your door for the next six hours.

"Sorry, Ego's orders. He wants you to be at your best when coming up with a team for this"

You only sigh in response, but nod your head, "I understand... Are you really gonna stand out there for six hours though?"

She shrugs, "I brought my computer to do some work, so you don't need to worry. Just focus on making the best team, alright?"