𝙲𝚑. 𝟸𝟹: 𝙲𝚑𝚒𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚒

(Just explaining this here in case some of you are lost, but the first part of this chapter is basically just Chigiri's inner monologue and memories of what's happened so far. Like I said in an earlier chapter, I REALLY did not want to rewrite the game😭)

~~~

"Chigiri!"

His name... it sounded so special coming from her... it made his blank face crack into a small smile..

"Chigiri? Chigiri! Hey! Check it out! Look what Sae got me for my birthday!", Y/n ran towards him, holding up a dietician book, the biggest smile on her face.

When did it happen?... It's a question he asked himself everyday...

"Do you think Rin would like this for his birthday?", her face crinkled up with joy as she held up a prosthetic Jason mask.

Maybe it was the way she was constantly showing her affection to those she loved...

"Say that again and you'll wake up with a buzz cut", her malicious intent was hidden behind her sweet and innocent act.

Or maybe it was the way she threw empty threats at him, knowing she'd never go through with it... right?

"WWait Y/n!", he tried to escape her clutches.

She had hugged him from behind, lifting him off his feet, "RAH! You did it Chigiri! Victory hug!", she squeezed the life out of him.

Perhaps it was because she had stayed by his side, constantly supporting him no matter what he did.... well...

"All you do is make dietary plans for your messed up family!"

At least... he thought she would... but who could blame her honestly... certainly not him..

About A Month Ago:
"A manager?", one of the boys on Team Z asked.

Ego was displayed on the monitor in their meeting room, typing away at something on his keyboard, "Yes you heard correct. Starting today, all teams will be assigned a manager"

Some of the boys looked excited at the idea, while others were confused, and then there was Chigiri.

I don't really care regardless... as long as he doesn't push me to "try harder". I'm here for one thing, and once thing only... a reason to quit football... to end that foolish dream I had so long ago-

"Hello!"

His gaze immediately snapped over to a familiar face.... to you.. He felt his breath hitch, and his voice was caught in his throat. He almost said hello back on instinct. He had to calm himself though, just seeing you again after all this time was so nerve-wrecking...

She's gotten a bit taller... still shorter than me though... She changed her hair style too... Is it longer, or shorter? Crap... it hasn't even been that long...

The way Imamura was talking about her looks, made him dig his nails into his thighs. He hated it... hearing him talk about her as if she was some object... Thankfully, Kunigami shut him up. He thought he could hold himself back... but...

"Calm down..."

He swear.. he didn't mean to... the words just came out... just like... back then..

"It's fine, Chigiri"

Ba-Dump!

There it was... that strange beating in his heart... He bit his lip back as he watched her lie to his teammates about not knowing him. It's not that he was hurt no, more like, he was scared to see you again. The way you two left off wasn't necessarily... ideal.. far from it actually.