𝙲𝚑. 𝟽: 𝙼𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝟸 𝙱𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗!

Team Z had one more day of training, before they would face off against Team Y. And of course, they were training hard. Y/n was having trouble keeping up with it all, even though she wasn't really doing much. It was now dinner time, and you had found a way to conceal your surname.

"Wow, no one is really here..."

Showing up at least an hour after dinner had started guaranteed almost nobody being in the dining hall. You scanned your shoulder, getting your rice bowl, miso soup, and pathetic pickled radishes. You shuddered at the sight of it, taking a seat and chowing down.

"Ugh, this is so disgusting-"
"Tell me about it..."

You jumped to the side, turning your head to face Isagi, who wasn't having better luck with his food.

"Natto for you again I see..." you forced a pickled radish down.

He nodded, taking a bite from his rice, "What are you doing here so late? I thought you would've eaten with Bachira earlier..."

You shook your head, "Nah... I was busy working on my report on you guys, I told Bachira to go on ahead without me since it would take awhile... What about you?"

"I got too into my individual workout, I didn't check the time... Heh.."

You frowned, placing your pickled radish down and scooting closer to him, "What's up with you Isagi?"

He choked on his food, prompting you to slap his back multiple times, "You could tell?!"

I was just taking a guess...

"Well uhm... I hope you don't mind, but I've been watching you as you individually train, and I couldn't help but notice this hurt look on your face every time.." you laughed nervously, rubbing the back of your neck.

Isagi sighed, sulking in his chair as he reclined back, "It's just that... I've been here at Blue Lock for a week, and it's been destroying my confidence..."

"Your confidence?" you dropped your chopsticks on the table.

Isagi brought a hand to his chin, "Everyone here has a weapon they're proud of, but me?... I don't have anything... It's just like that Barou guy said"

You 'tsked' upon hearing his name, a bitter taste being left in your mouth, "Barou? Don't take anything he says seriously. The guy thinks he's royalty after all. Guys like him will only tell you stuff like that to bring you down and get in your head", you jabbed your chopsticks into your food.

Isagi picked at his food, a sadness in his eyes, "Maybe I don't have a talent... Maybe I'm just not cut out to be striker"

You pouted, flicking a piece of rice in his face, "Nonsense. You have something I'm sure of it... Also, not very egotistical of you might I add"

Isagi pouted back at you, picking the piece of rice off his face, "Hey!... Also, I thought you hate egoists?"

You raised a brow at his assumption, "What makes you say that?"

"Well anytime Ego talks-"

"Psh! That guy is a whole different story. He's the narcissist of all egoists in my book" you were practically jabbing at your food, a look of disgust at the mention of his name.

But what Isagi had said earlier struck a chord in you. "Maybe I don't have talent", what a load of crap. You've been carefully analyzing the boys, and Isagi was definitely better than players like Naruhaya and Imamura.

"Hey you two, what are you doing over here so late?"

Kunigami joined the party, wearing his pajamas. He had walked over to your guys' table, taking a seat across from you guys.